What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

No atheist could provide more evidence against the christian worldview than you godrulz - please carry on.

• myelaine
  • bob1999
    bob1999

"Jesus was sent by God the Father that we might excercise our free will and choose to believe in Him."

Jesus said that no one comes to him except those called by the Father.

Natural man, after the fall, is not capable of choosing God.

In Romans 9

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
    and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” [f]

16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire [will] or effort [works], but on God’s mercy.

"God already set the criteria for our salvation in His Son. in that regard, indeed, our salvation has everything to do with God."

I think you will find that everything concerning our salvation has to do with God and God alone.

17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” [g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden. 19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God?

Paul doesn't even dignify the question with an answer.

"Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden."

Where is there any reference to man's will?

God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy.

If you have chosen God it is because God chose you first. Even our faith is a gift from God.

Peace

• bohm
    bohm

There is a difference between YHWH and FSM.

brought to you from the department of research in the properties of the empty set.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Bohm, Post #2213:

"ah, godrulz, so the baby does not deserve to die, but the mom and slightly older siblings does?"

Godrulz, Post 438:

God is holy and man is sinful. You wrongly assume that God is not holy and that man is good (read the paper and Bible, dude). Rom. 1-5 is God's view of things. When you stand before Him, you will be without excuse under His blazing eye. Unless you think Hitler was a good man and defend his right to kill your relatives, you should have some concept of love, mercy, justice, grace, etc. Apparently, you have a seared conscience and are smarter than an omniscient God, the responsible Moral Governor of the universe vs foolish men.

Godrulz; since you seem to know the fate of fetuses and infants, could you please tell me at what age the dividing line is? Approximately, no need for exactitude. For example; 7 years old, give or take a year?

• godrulz
    godrulz

The age of accountability would vary with individuals. My wife understood the gospel and received Christ at a young age. We know babies lack mental and moral capacity to sin or reject Christ. Someone born mentally handicapped may never achieve accountability, even in old age. Mormons arbitrarily say it is age 8. The Bible is silent, so God alone knows the heart, amount of light/capacity a person has. Gen. 18:25 Will not the Judge of all the earth do right? Yes. The Bible is clear about people like you and me who have capacity. We are without excuse for suppressing truth by our wickedness (Rom. 1). So, on judgment day, God will not have a theological debate with those who do not trust His wisdom and ways. The issue will be receiving or rejecting Jesus, something even a child can do (Jn. 3:16 vs Jn. 3:36; I Jn. 5:11-13; Jn. 14:6; Acts 4:12; Rom. 1:16).

Good question, but no simple answer, just parameters and principles.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

godrulz

The age of accountability would vary with individuals.

Regarding the "age of accountability" are you a Calvinist when it come to those who die before that age (whatever it is)?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

There is no God.

There is a God but he is a big, murderous bully, but that is a-okay with us because we are "saved." He just loves US.

There is a God and he loves everyone and will save everyone.

There maybe is a God, but he doesn't seem to care about us. He's lost interest.

Why does this thread keep going on and on with the number 2's coming back to push the bully, exclusive god?

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am an Open Theist (free will theism), dog, the opposite of a Calvinist. Calvinists would believe in double predestination, so the elect are foreknown and decreed from eternity past. I can't imagine a baby who is non-elect going to hell and am not sure if they really teach that. Perhaps all babies are elect if God allows them to die? I am not sure what your point is? What is the Calvinist issue here? Babies go to heaven based on lack of capacity and their non-rejection of Christ. Adults are culpable if they knowingly reject Christ (and are still condemned sinners even if they have not heard about Him, but judged based on that lesser light). I would say one is safe before that age, but that the age varies from person to person.

• wobble
    wobble

Godrulz said back a long way on this thread "find fault with Jesus as god" or something close to that.

Jesus is just as culpable as his Dad if he sits in heaven and does nothing whilst the holocaust went on, the Rwandan massacre etc, and whilst the day to day horrific murder and mayhem we see goes on.

The Jesus who sits in heaven doing nothing is very different from the man we are told, when a sufferer said "If you just want to you can cure me" Jesus replied "I want to"

Both he and his father seem to have no interest in justice, or in expressing love and care for their children and brothers.

As I said, they do not come up to my lowly moral standards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit