PROTESTS AT WATCHTOWER CONVENTIONS

by Lawrence Hughes 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

We don't know that protests are useless; if it raises awareness of the blood issue, it has to help.

If one person googles the Hughes case as a result, that is a success.

P

• steve2
    steve2
    If one person googles the Hughes case as a result, that is a success.

Two problems with this comment:

Apart form being a bit of a cliche, this statement assumes its a straight forward number crunching exercise. One person googles the Hughes case as a result? Fine. However, what if untold others who could have been willing to listen are now so turned off by the protesters shaming behaviour that they now harden their commitment to the Watchtower out of feeling persecuted?

Secondly, the Hughes case has already been well reported in the Canadian press. The JWs don't need to see the name on a placard to be informed.

The issue for me isn't whether someone's prepared or not to speak out publicly, but whether doing so achieves the goal of reaching the rank and file with thought-provoking information. That to me is the most important goal. Of course, if your goal is simply to publicly "expose" the JWs, go ahead; the louder and more rant-driven, the better. However, I have seen more JWs reached by astute and considerate conversations than by direct and shaming confrontations.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Protesting topples goverments, protesting can topple the Watchtower! Stop hiding in cyber space , come out and stand tall let the world know what the Watchtower is hiding behind.

It's obvious that a good number posting on this board are still being controlled by the Watchtower Org. They are frightened to death over what the Org. might do to them. Keep living your double lives, continue to go to the meetings , let all your relatives and winesses freinds think you are still in "The Truth".

You can do one of two things....#1 you can continue to fool your freinds and relatives and receive there accolades. # 2 Or you can speak up and denounce the Watchtower Org. and help countless numbers of people to be free from having there lives destroyed.

Stop criticizing and start realizing that if enough people came out and protested against the Watchtower Org. it would put them out of business tomorrow!

• Iamallcool
  • diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Protesting topples goverments, protesting can topple the Watchtower!

Are you serious?????? Are you saying if all the ex witnesses in the world gathered and protested in front of Brooklyn Bethal Watchtower would fall???? Really???? I don't believe that statement for a second. Protests may make you personally feel better but for every dub that may leave, two studies will be strengthened because they'll think they're being persecuted.

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

I agree with the one who said that getting an education, better employment, moving on to a newer life with more knowledge, wisdom and maybe writing a book about your experiences in and with the Watchtower, like the "Crisis of Conscience" book would do more to 'save lives' than protesting at District Conventions would. In fact, by protests, you'll probably drive home their point that they're 'hated of all nations' for the Good news sake and you might actually find yourself contributing to the baptisms of thousands more, as persecution usually fanes the flames of fanaticism rather than stops it. Go to college, if you cannot afford it, go to an online college, they're usually cheaper and if you cannot afford it, join the military, usually veterans get college education for free.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stop criticizing and start realizing that if enough people came out and protested against the Watchtower Org.
    it would put them out of business tomorrow!.....RF/Koolaidman

Theres nothing the WBT$ can do to me..But..

They "Would" do many people alot of harm,if they follow your "Shit for Brains" Advice..And..

The WBT$ would Not be out of Business..

Close your Mouth..Your an Idiot..

................... ...OUTLAW

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

My personal opinion is that Fearon does not represent the ex-JW movement well. I would not want to be associated with him.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Moshe!!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Diamondizz, if the protests were large enough they would be picked up by the press and the last thing people would want to do is study with them.

I had a protest with eight people and it got press coverage......... Imagine ten thousand!

Man protests Jehovah’s Witness teachings
    By Robert Mills, Lowell Sun, Lowell Massachusetts, April 13, 2006

WILMINGTON — Rick Fearon stood outside the Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall just off Main Street last night knowing a daughter who will no longer speak to him would soon be inside.

That daughter, as well as several other family members, stopped speaking to Fearon a few years ago when he left the church and began speaking out about problems he sees in the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

A Jehovah’s Witness for more than 40 years, Fearon now wants to inform people of accusations that the church does not adequately react to reports of sexual abuse of children, and charges the church’s teachings on blood transfusions have needlessly killed Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.

“I attended this congregation and never realized the problems they had,” he said.

Fearon stood across the street from the Kingdom Hall with about a half-dozen others in the hopes they would make those new to the church look into it more deeply.

Those inside the Kingdom Hall were observing The Memorial of Christ’s Death, in which they celebrate the death of Jesus on the first full moon of the Vernal Equinox. Those new to the church or not yet part of it often attend the observance, Fearon said. Fearon cites national studies and news reports on a growing sexual-abuse crisis in the Jehovah’s Witness religion, which he says has not done nearly enough to keep pedophiles away from children.

He also says the churches previous ban on members getting blood transfusions, and other confusing teachings about accepting blood have led to what he said are thousands of unnecessary deaths.

He was joined by John Harris, of Norwood, who was one of hundreds of clergy-abuse victims who sued the Archdiocese of Boston. Harris, who said he was abused by Father Paul Shanley, said he settled with the archdiocese in December of 2003. He said he is fighting all religions and cults in which abuse is not adequately responded to, and that he is pushing for federal laws to make it easier to prosecute and prevent abuse.

A man who answered the telephone at the Kingdom Hall declined comment last night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit