PROTESTS AT WATCHTOWER CONVENTIONS

by Lawrence Hughes 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Lawrence Hughes
    Lawrence Hughes

Dear Friends,

As you may know, the Watchtower Society takes great pride in its District Conventions. Each year, the Public Relations Department contacts the media and tries to get the media to do a story on the convention. This is a great opportunity for us to get our own media coverage to put the spotlight on the Watchtower Society. This is a great opportunity for us to expose the Watchtower Society and educate and warn the public. The end result is that many lives could be saved.

Below is a list of conventions in Canada, which I would like to organize protests. I would expect to receive a lot of media coverage and perhaps even National media coverage. Please contact me if you can attend any of these protests.

There is no reason why every District Convention in the World could not have a protest and receive media coverage to expose the Watchtower Society. I have a lot of experience organizing protests and dealing with the media. I could help you organize a protest, prepare a Press Release and Press Conference. It is simple and easy and requires very little time. Most of my protests happened during a lunch hour. A tremendous amount of good can come from a protest. You get to have many beneficial conversations with passers by, persons driving by read the placards and you get to meet new friends. I always like to have my fellow protestors join me at a restaurant afterwards for fellowship. I encourage you to consider a protest this year at a District Convention. Please contact me at [email protected]

- Victoria, B.C., Saturday, June 11th, 2011

- Windsor, Ont., Saturday, June 18th, 2011

- Kitchener, Ont., Saturday, June 25th, 2011

- Abbotsford, B.C., Saturday, July 02, 2011

- Kamloops, BC or Winnepeg Man., July 09 or July 16, 2011

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Protests and picketing outside conventions only reinforce the idea of angry apostates who can't move on.

Education and living a normal life is the best way of countering the JWs.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I thought you were banned from this forum.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Is this Rick?

• poopsiecakes
  • moshe
    moshe

Go get a boombox and play a 3 minute tape of Charlie Sinutko's convention talk from 1969, where he says, "stay alive until 1975". I always wanted to do that and get a video of the JWs covering their ears as they walk by on the sidewalk. Picket in front of the hotels that the JWs are camped out in- Be sure and write to the local newspaper and offer to help the newsper write and story about the JWs- give the reporter some WT expose' material ahead of time so they can ask the WT PR elder some good questions.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd rather mow my lawn.

W

• steve2
    steve2

Lawrence, Lawrence, Lawrence, get a life free from limp-minded and impotent vengeance: All you succeed in doing is fuel the JWs' illusions that they are so unique that they attract the hatred of obsessive apostates. I'd rather watch paint dry than see how much publicity you drum up with your motley collection of rent-a-protesters.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The media is not interested in the conventions nor the protests

don't mean to sound apathetic but it is true non the less.

the only time the media really publishes a blurb beyond a paragraph is when the WT Corp pays them to do it as a 'special edition' that gets flogged to the conventioners only!

oz

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lawerence does have a reason to protest.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit