PROTESTS AT WATCHTOWER CONVENTIONS

by Lawrence Hughes 162 Replies latest jw friends

• jair_irwin
    jair_irwin

Rick,

Some on this forum may find it rather ironic and slightly humorous that you spelled "buffoon" wrong :)

jair_irwin

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Good Lord, I leave for a week or so and I come back to this.

This entire thread reminds me of a story that happened to me. It's about the time that I caught a ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. "Gimme 5 bees for a quarter!", you'd say. Now, the important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

• jair_irwin
    jair_irwin

Welcome back Mr. Falcon! Glad you've decided to stay.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Well, we still do not have any confirmation whether poster Lawrence Hughes is THE actual Lawrence Hughes.

I could create an account with "Brad Pitt" as my sn, but that doesn't mean I am actually Brad Pitt, and to speculate anything about the actual Brad Pitt based on my posts, comments, etc., in conjunction with what might be known about the real Brad Pitt seems a bit silly, doesn't it?

Should we be assuming Lawrence Hughes is Lawrence Hughes.

• undercover
    undercover

I feel for (edit: the real) Mr. Hughes and the loss he has suffered. He has more reason to "hate" the WTS than most of us here. Despite that though, I feel that the net result in protests in conventions, etc is not worth the time and effort involved.

If protesting helps Mr. Hughes in a healing process, more power to him. But I won't be taking part or supporting any kind of demonstration against the WTS/JWs.

Mr. Fearon, I fear, is becoming more and more unhinged. He needs to seek help for his mental health before he becomes completely unglued.

• undercover
    undercover
    Well, we still do not have any confirmation whether poster Lawrence Hughes is THE actual Lawrence Hughes.

good point. It could be Johnny the Bethelite for all we know...

• jair_irwin
    jair_irwin

good point. It could be Johnny the Bethelite for all we know...

Funny you should mention that...I thought of Johnny the Bethelite as well...it does seem a bit strange that if in fact Lawrence was banned from this forum, he would let him back in again.

• Simon
    Simon
    Hello Lawrence, most people posting as you already know are moral cowards, they are hiding behind there cartoon avatars still scared to death of the Watchtower Org.

Actually, no - we just don't think these kind of protests are effective. Was anyone on here convinced by someone holding a sign and shouting? I know I wasn't. It just confirms the WTS as having the truth (to it's members who have been told this is what exJWs do).

Lawrence you are a hero, I applaud your efforts, you are a man of action. You are not some anonymous fictitious bufoon sitting behind a computer screen pretending to be some internet therapist helping Jehovah's Witnesses. The people demeaning your thread should be ashamed for trying to discourage a sincere man who lost a loved one IN DEATH due to Watchtower doctrine. If you want to protest, I say protest , do not listen to people Who are still having a hard time diconnecting from The Watchtower Organization! Thank you Rick Fearon

I think your logic is flawed. IMO the people who protest at assemblies are the ones who have a hard time disconnecting from the WTS and allow the WTS to define and control their lives.

The rest of us spend the weekends doing our own thing. I think that explains the comments:

I'd rather mow my lawn

The media is not interested in the conventions nor the protests

Protests and picketing outside conventions only reinforce the idea of angry apostates who can't move on.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Actually, no - we just don't think these kind of protests are effective. Was anyone on here convinced by someone holding a sign and shouting?

I know I wasn't. It just confirms the WTS as having the truth (to it's members who have been told this is what exJWs do).....Simon

That reminds me of a story..Early 70`s..Vancouver BC..Assembly at the Coliseum..

The Coliseum is beside the PNE fair grounds..

There is a cable chair ride to get from the Coliseum to the fair grounds,if you don`t like the long walk..

A WBT$/JW Protester would sit in the cable chair ride with a Bullhorn denouncing JW`s..

He spent days in that chair going round and round..

He looked like an Idiot..LOL!!..

The chair ride is high..I never got a good look at the guys face..

It turns out it was my buddy's dad..

Who had thrown his son out of the house at 16,for not wanting to be a JW..

Thinking back..

I couldn't come up with a better punishment for how my buddy`s JW Dad treated him..

LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Funny you should mention that...I thought of Johnny the Bethelite as well...it does seem a bit strange that if in fact Lawrence was banned from this forum, he would let him back in again.

I don't think Lawerence was ever banned. But please lets not get into labeling everyone we don't like or believe as "Johnny the Bethelite".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit