Undercover apostates...

by Maze 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maze
    Maze

I've observed some forum users here that claim to be active Witnesses (even claims to be ministerial servants or elders) while duplicitously supporting apostates online. My contention is this; Why attend meetings and/or participate in the preaching activity when the second you divulge your apostate thinking into the congregation, you'll be disfellowshipped? While this action taken may seem to be harsh, the outworking of events wouldn't be much different in one of Christendom's Churches. If I used a Catholic Church as a platform to proselytize I'd quickly be shown the door and asked to leave. That's why cathedrals, synagogues and mosques are not a part of Jehovah's Witnesses service territory.

With a few exceptions, it's been my experience in 30 years being associated with the Christian congregation, that if a person is not in the Truth for the right reasons, they're not there at all.

He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters. Matthew 12:30

The only conclusion to be reached is “undercover apostate” stories are cooked up on the internet for what reason, I don't know. Maybe someone could explain...

• pirata
    pirata

You answered your own question:

Why attend meetings and/or participate in the preaching activity when the second you divulge your apostate thinking into the congregation, you'll be disfellowshipped?

I don't want to lose my family or jeopardize my marriage because I have changed my religious beliefs. So I just shut up and keep it inside.

• pirata
    pirata

He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters. Matthew 12:30

for he that is not against us is for us (Mark 9:40)

• godrulz
    godrulz

As a Christian, I could go to a Mormon or JW site and attempt to defend and proclaim my faith. I notice that some JW sites would not let me in unless I was JW. I am also on another Christian forum and welcome the one JW, few Mormons, many atheists, few Muslims, a mission field on my computer. A few JWs could justify coming here to try to influence people back (warnings or not). This seems like a reasonable thing, so I am surprised the WT is running scared (I guess more people would be influenced away from WT than towards it if they expose themselves to all the facts).

• pbrow
    pbrow

From my own experiences...

My parent stays in because the jdub unity is through fear, not through love. I lost alot of friends simply by writing a 3 sentance letter to the kingdom hall saying I dont agree with some policies. Friendships of 30 years wiped out (not from my perspective) in a heartbeat.

My parent cried for days when they realized jdubs teach that Jesus is not the mediator for them. My parent chooses to stay in for the social aspect friends, sons and daughters mothers who will be cut off if questions are brought out in the open. I dont agree with keeping them hidden by I am not my parent. They have their reason and they are no better or worse than my reasons. When you realize that this organization is not gods channel(nor is any other earthly organization) you are allowed to question it only if you are ready to lose a large percentage of family and friends.

Whether you stay or go is up to each individual. I will say though that you have a much better chance of making changes from within.

pbrow

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Spade: You've been here long enough so by asking this obvious question are you trying to create an illusion you're new here? BTW why do you bother creating another user here when you're not smart enough to at least change your IP address?

• godrulz
    godrulz

Jesus is the mediator of all men. The WT lies and robs people of hope and eternal life (I Tim. 2:4; Jn. 3:16; Jn. 1:12; I Tim. 2:5).

• sizemik
    sizemik

I would have thought the answer was obvious . . .

The OP seems to infer such ones are hypocritical . . . whereas to my mind it is the hypocrisy of the WTS which has created the problem they now have to deal with . . . and I thought that was obvious too

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

People stay in for the sake of family. This is very common, and the more I learn and more people I talk to, the more I feel most congregations have people in this situation. My heart goes out to them, as it is a terrible situation to be forced into.

Since Holy Spirit does not reveal these people, it is a good indication that God is not directingt the congregations. There is even a book about a disfellowshipped mother that got reinstated purely for the reason to help her daughter see it is not the truth.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

jwfacts said: Since Holy Spirit does not reveal these people, it is a good indication that God is not directing the congregations.

Excellent point! The holy spirit supposedly reveals the truth, ........but not the truth about people!!

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit