Undercover apostates...

by Maze 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Some of us are here because we know longer believe the Society has the truth. However, like you just said, we would be disfellowshipped for making our feelings public, and some of us go to keep contact with family members. Maybe it's hard for you to understand that, because, my guess is that you're not an apostate, but some of us are really scared of losing our family ties because we no longer believe the religion.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

...Scripture is inspired/God-breathed...

...yes, I agree, except rather than "inspired", I would call it "channeled". And since jehovah (Satan), like his faithful dubs, evidently didn't attend college either.......the book is SO coherent, that 40,000+ Christian denominations that all "hate each other" (according to Barron's Encyclopedia), can "prove" their doctrines from it.

• pirata
    pirata

@godrulz:

Apostasy is falling from truth. A born again Christian who becomes a Mormon, JW, or Muslim would be apostate.

Sorry, but this doesn't sound any different from the JW stance. Let's just switch a few words around:

Apostasy is falling from truth. A born again Christian JW who becomes a Mormon, JW born again Christian, or Muslim would be apostate.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Sweet baby: I do not have any friends or family associated with JWs. I may have a distant relative that I have met once in the last 50 years who was. My burden for JWs started as a new Christian, a God-given concern for the lost, cultists in particular (JWs deserve truth as does everyone).

Mad Sweeney: Geisler and Mix (see amazon.com) have a book on Introduction to the Bible. It is scholastic and gives internal and external evidence for the trustworthiness and veracity of the Bible (it is not begging the question if something it true and evidence based). You probably also have a problem with arguments for the existence of God (faith factor but based on revelation/evidence).

Pika: Freedom in Christ will include renouncing false religion and taking a stand, despite the cost. One can be wise, but a true believer will not mislead and give the impression they are supportive of false religion. JWs expect Catholics to break ties, so Christians can expect JWs to break ties with the WT even to the point of losing friends and family to follow Christ (Jesus said to leave them, let the dead bury the dead, if it is a matter of loving God supremely and family keeping us from following Him; the shunning would not come from the Christian, but the cultist...we should do everything we can to retain all relationships unless it keeps us from following God).

Prodigal: your atheistic low view of Scripture is based on misinformation. Alleged discrepancies/contradictions have been answered satisfactorily. The problem is that your idol god of your own making does not match the true and Living God, holy, majestic, awesome, just, loving, beautiful.

Pirata: Apostasy is falling from truth. It may be apostasy to a false religion to leave it for a true one, but this is not reality and not God's opinion. If JW/Muslim/Mormon is not true, converting to biblical Christianity is not apostasy, but a move from error to truth (vs move from truth to error). These groups can say it is apostasy from their lie, but it is not a judgment shared by the God of truth. If JW and evangelical Christianity are both false, then you have a point. A wrong assumption that Christian and cult are on par leads to a wrong conclusion. Just because you guys have left false religion does not mean that true religion does not exist (so don't give up).

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

I'm thankful for your 'apostates', youv'e kept me from making the mistake of becoming one of Jehovah's Witnesses, for I am not one of them, but am a Mormon, and I couldn't be happier. My church isn't perfect either, but at least we don't practice the art of shunning, and so families are not broken up should one choose to leave the LDS church for what they deem to be greener pastures. Let them go, we'll be hear waiting for them when they come back. To find out more about my faith, please visit http://www.mormon.org, or to visit local Church services to learn more, find the location nearest your home at http://www.lds.org

• pirata
    pirata

Fascinating how this thread went from undercover apostates to Mormon and Born-Again-Christian recruitment.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Prodigal: your atheistic low view of Scripture is based on misinformation. Alleged discrepancies/contradictions have been answered satisfactorily.

This is pretty much the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Thanks for the laugh godrulz!!

• cofty
    cofty
    A wrong assumption that Christian and cult are on par leads to a wrong conclusion. Just because you guys have left false religion does not mean that true religion does not exist (so don't give up). - godrulz

On the contrary "cultishness" is not a binary defintition, it is a spectrum of traits that are demonstrated by every church group I have ever had contact with. Somebody who makes the sort of closed-minded judgements that you have expressed godrulz is well along the spectrum.

I was an evangelical for almost a decade after leaving the borg and if I wasn't a "true christian" nobody was. I would have been the first to claim I did nt have a religion, I had a personal relationship with god - a trinitarian god at that. It is just as much a delusion as the Watchtower. The doctrines are more biblical on some things and less biblical on others. The controling mechanisms are different but no less intellectually constraining. Anybody who can seriously suggest that the bible is inspired of a supernatural source is just as uncritical in their thinking as any JW or Mormon. As LeavingWT said "pot- kettle black"

• cofty
    cofty

To find out more about my faith, please visit http://www.gullible.org, or to visit local Church services to learn more, find the location nearest your home at http://www.goldplatesrus.org

Thanks I was just thinking it was time I found a new cult

• sizemik
    sizemik

May I ask both godrulz and witnessofjesus . . .

Do you believe the Bible accounts of the origins of man (Adam & Eve) . . . and the worldwide flood, to be accurate historical fact or allegorical. A simple straight forward answer one way or the other would be helpful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit