New Light @ The 2011 District Convention

by dontplaceliterature 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quendi
    Quendi

Well, this tract brings back some not-so-wonderful memories of attending conventions. I agree with Mr. Falcon that the whole thing is nothing more than a big tease. It is clear that the rank and file are tiring out. They are feeling the weight of unmet and unfulfilled expectations and promises. Plus, the Governing Body is cracking down on dissent of any kind. The only real surprise is the announcement that three dramas will be presented at the district convention. For my part, I had grow tired of them as well because they were used to force-feed WTS dogmas on the captive audience. These three will probably be more of the same. All in all, I'm glad I won't be attending. I haven't been to a district convention since 2005. This tract tells me I won't be missing anything by boycotting again this year.

Quendi

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I was talking to an elder today and he was very excited about this picture.

Even when I was a believer, I found it a bit disturbing that some uber-dubs couldn't hide their erections (that's right, I'm talkin about you, Sister Rosemary) just hearing the term NuLight.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Does the KM normally say to give out invitations informally during the convention weekend? Or is that something new?

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Uk & USA are the feet of the image, politically divided nations are the toes, and the ten toenails equate to the ten kings of Revelation which equate to the ten member states of the expanded UN security council.

I remember when I used to get excited over this krap

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Okay, here's a thought: A nu-lite interpretation of the toes could buy the WT what they seriously need: time. Let me explain. In the illustration, the feet are clearly defined as the Anglo-American WP (a stretch in itself) and the mystery question mark is linked to the toes. Each of the preceding parts of the image are defined similarly--that is, a world power that has come and gone. According to JW interpretation, we are now living in the time of the last WP and there will be no other WPs following the Anglo-American (whcih pretty much means the US in any real sense).

Stay with me. I've often thought that the more intelligent of the WT higher-ups, who might read the news regularly and follow international developments, should be getting very very nervous, as it is becoming increasingly clear that the US is in its twilight as a WP and fading fast. On the ascent? China. Whether or not China will ever be a WP can be debated, but one thing is clear: the US is being surely and steadily dethroned. It's lost power and standing in the international community; its influence is on the wane.

But wait!! That wasn't supposed to happen. The big A was supposed to strike while the US was the WP! Okay, so now comes the strategy: maybe the WT will finagle some kind of alternate interpretation for the toes. Maybe the toes are the rise of some other kind of power (probably not the UN, since its toothless and weaker than a gang of Somali pirates). Say, a faction or godless splinter group that is somehow (in the feckless mind of the FDS) taking control, like the rise of Evil Athiests!! They would be located "within" the AA WP but still weild control in some way so that even in the dimming campfires of the US, the WT can cling to hope for a bit longer...

• Terra Incognita
  • Listener
    Listener

This should be interesting because Daniel was given a special gift of being able to interpret dreams, as the JWs are not inspired they do not have this gift so would be wrong in prophecying any interpretation that will be in the future. If they are interpreting it, it must be something that is already occurring.

The feet and toes are made of clay and iron. Daniel does not call this a fifth Kingdom (as he did name the other parts as the first to fourth kingdom) neither does he say the feet and toes are two different kingdoms. What he does say about the feet is that it is a kingdom divided and as for the toes he says this kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile. This year we have seen a spread of democracy, particularly in the middle east from one country to the next and a fragile fight to establish it. China appears to be in this struggle as well but for the time being has done a lot to prevent this.

Our current world powers is a mixture of communism and democracy.

Another clue is the Daniel 2:43 states

"As you saw iron mixed with ceramic clay, they will mingle with the seed of men: but they will not adhere to one another, just as iron does not mix with clay" Democracy is very much about men (individuals) having a great deal of influence in rulership.

• sinis
    sinis

Ten bucks the "?" is going to be portrade as a "ONE WORLD ECONOMIC GOVERNMENT/CURRENCY"...

OR maybe, just maybe, the Asian's, ie CHINA, the NEXT GLOBAL ECONOMIC POWER... as an offshoot of Roman/American captialism mixed with communism (name only)???????????

• Ding
    Ding

The talk is about WHEN, so maybe the 10 toes represent 10 years.

Or maybe there will now be 10 men on the GB and their generations will overlap.

Whatever it may be, if the talk starts out with "this little piggy..." it's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG day...

• Satanus
    Satanus

They could all stay home and send one guy to find out what the question mark/ new light is. A couple of days isn't going to make a diff.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit