New Light @ The 2011 District Convention

by dontplaceliterature 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The NOO LITE on the feet and molded clay is BRICS!

j/k

If it IS though, I will LMAO!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Here's what drives me crazy. These apocalyptic flyers we have to hand out every year always make it seem like some new, incredible revelation is going to be unleashed on the audience, just melting everyone's faces. So you drop money for a hotel, drive 4,000 light years away to some god-forsaken city for 3-4 days all wondering what could this "LIFE-SAVING INCREDIBLE ANNOUNCEMENT/PROCLAMATION/INFORMATION" be?

But it's all just a big tease. You end up sitting through 20 hours of corny "protect your kids from the internet" speeches and other pre-canned talks that are exactly like the articles in the Watchtower. Then you watch a goofy over-the-top play which depicts ancient Corinthian Christians supposidly doing everything that the modern day JWs do. Then you drive all the way home, $500 poorer and a whole weekend wasted.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OMG, three dramas (sort of) and they are going to reveal when God will crush all other kingdoms (not really).

New Light on when the end will come. And such fun to boot.

I'm going back.....

.....back to saying, "Same old crap."

• wobble
    wobble

The big laugh is that their interpretation of the prophecy of the dream image, though far from unique, many Apocalyptic groups use it, their interpretation is as way off as their extrapolating 2520 years from Daniel's "7 times."

It isn't just that they don't know who the feet and toes etc are, they don't know who the whole image represents.

Isn't it about the "Time of the End" for all this end-time nonsense ?

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Well let's see - the 10 toes have to represent the 10 regional divisions being formed thru Illuminati designs - ala Doc Marquis or Vision Reports. LOL. That would just be too funny if they came up with that one.

• the max
    the max

Mr falcon, that is so spot on , did mrs falcon feel like you or was/ is mrs falcon a ROBO -WITNESS ? mrs Max was a R-W, I had to be dragged kicking and screaming .

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The toes of ONE FOOT are: BRICS

The toes of the OTHER FOOT are: USA/UK/OZ/Japan/Canada

• badseed
    badseed

Nomad Soul. Exactly what I was going to say.

Mr. Falcon. No need to do that anymore. Stick around JWN and you'll know before they do.

That's why I love JWN so much. I can brag to JW family that I get new light before they do..I just love it. Those damned apostates.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Maybe because they are running out of ideas, shown by the "overlapping" doctrine. Maybe they will try that the toes represent their "apostates."

Their so-called "apostates" are their enemy more than governments and Christendom, any religions. I know, the image more speaks of political, empires of such, but the GB canand do put a twist on anything.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

the max - Madame Falcon is a wonderful woman but not exactly a "thinker". Not that she's stupid or anything, it's just that she is what I kind of refer to as an "agnostic JW" meaning that she doesn't really bother thinking about the deeper issues/contridictions, but at the same time she won't really defend the WTBS. She simply doesn't care. But she loves me for some reason. Silly girl.

badseed - So true, my friend! When I first started lurking on here, you guys would post stuff and then 3 weeks later they would announce it at the meeting. Mr. Falcon was blown away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit