New Light @ The 2011 District Convention

by dontplaceliterature 105 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Obviously the "?" at the bottom of the image on the back of the invitation raises some eyebrows, but last night in the Routine District Convention Article during the Service Meeting, I caught that one of the paragraphs mentioned that we would be encouraged to keep a copy of the tract in hand for a discussion during Sunday's last talk.

My guess is, there is going to be some new revelation about what the "?" represents, or some other fangled idea. I bet they'll make everyone stand up again and recite some promise to work extra hard in the Ministry since we are SO close to The End. I'm already dreading this...

On a side note...has anyone seen a program list with all of the parts?

• yknot
    yknot

For better forum discussion.....(and to make up the fact that I totally skipped meeting to go bowling with girl scout troop and family)

Here is the back invite and KM commentary...

KM- 5 As in the past, three weeks before the start of our convention, we will share in a campaign to invite others to attend. Congregations should set a goal to distribute their allotment of invitations and cover as much of their territory as possible. Invitations that your family has left over at the end of the campaign should be brought to the convention for you to use when witnessing informally. Further information on this will be provided during the program on Friday. Invitations that your family does not expect to use while in the convention city should be given to an attendant when you enter the facility. Please keep one copy for yourself, as you will need to refer to it during the last talk on Sunday.

(big eyeroll)

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Thanks Ynot!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Nice waste of paper--and everyone's time. Out of all these wastes of paper they distribute, I bet they get next to zero to actually attend. And even if one does attend, I bet the only one to go to baptism is the fake one that will appear in next year's lies experiences.

• yknot
    yknot

so kewl ......we are getting a new reason the 'end is nigh'.....

Actually if I remember a few years ago (2008/09) I believe the rumor was a new 'king of the north'........

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Like I mentioned on the other thread about the tract, I smell something weird here as well.

I'm not sure who is pulling the strings there in the GB meeting room, but if Teddy was really the "boss" no doubt that power vacuum is being filled by someone from GB 2.0. With that hardcore 7/15 WT and some new light at the convention a new course may be plotted.

Isn't the first DC in late May? Someone will probably leak the new releases here before the first DC so we will know what they are up to soon!

• sir82
    sir82

<Yawn>

Let me guess the content of that last talk....

"Are we now living in the time of the toes of the image? Evidently we can say we probably are!"

[Pause for applause]

"And will we soon be able to identify who exactly the king of the north is? Undoubtedly the time for him to reveal himself is........SOON! !!!"

[Pause for wild & sustained applause]

"And is Armageddon right around around the corner? No brothers, we have turned the corner! And it's not going to be soon, it's going to be......going to be.....going to be.....IMMINENT! !!! !!! !!!!!!"

[Pause for full throated cheers, ladies swooning, and grown men crying]

Unanimous comments on the way out of the auditorium..."Wasn't that just the best convention ever?!?!?!?"

• cheerios
    cheerios

so what exactly is that question mark pointing at ... bunyuns on the toes?

• Alfred
    Alfred

Nothing new... production is down, time to crank up the old FDS (that's Fear Doctrine System... NOT Faithful and Discreet Slave)... bad joke, i know...

Anyway, it'll probably more of what recently came out in the Watchtower... March 15, 2011 (last page, paragraph 16):

The urgency of the times we live in is underscored when we consider the inspired prophecy at Revelation 17:10. The seventh king, the Anglo-American World Power, has come into existence. Concerning it we read: "When he [the seventh world power] does arrive he must remain a short while." By now that "short while" must be near its completion. The prophet Habakkuk gives us this assurance concerning the end of this wicked system: "The vision is yet for the appointed time... Keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.: -Hab. 2:3.

Whatever this is all about, it's probably too little and too late for the WT...

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

The question mark is there because they do not know. If they were really God's Prophet there wouldn't be a question mark.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit