How can anybody KNOW god?

by Terry 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Stop blaming your failure to comply on God. You are responsible.'

Yes, the fault is all mine. The bible omni-everything god can do anything and everything, except make up for my miserable stubbornness, my refusal to dissembowel myself. In bible times, it is written, he did mighty miracles, saving millions w mighty floods, giant hail stones, even fire from heaven that ate rocks. He caused men to fly through the air, birds to fly to their rescue, toppled mountains, appeared to the patriarchs. The patriarchs were barabric and stubborn. However, they were better than me, apparently. God gave them all kinds of signs. But nothing to me. Makes ya wonder about all those ot stories. The farther back they are in time, the more spectacular they are. The closer to us they are, in time, the less magical they are, until today, nothing.

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Whenever all of the gods vanish from human consciousness, so too will the power of men vanish who've

obtained power from those gods.

An interesting thought is if all of aspects of love, compassion and humility were placed into the characterization

of Jesus Christ by men, those virtues must have existed before his physical appearance.

• Perry
    Perry
    The bible omni-everything god can do anything and everything, except make up for my miserable stubbornness

Have you prayed for that specifically?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Have you prayed for that specifically?'

It was sarcasm. For a searching person, i would have expected a little help from him. Not to worry, though.

S

• Perry
    Perry

Satanus,

Would you allow the IRS to figure your taxes? (Or your taxing agency if in another country).

Searching for God without self-abandonment is kinda like that. The outcome is pretty certain.

God will supply the courage necessary to abandon oneself if a person sincerely asks for it.

"Ye have not because ye ask not" - Jesus

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

So Perry what man made organization connected you and has built your relationship with your god Jesus ?

We all know that you left the Watchtower Corporation, as the rest of us have.

Just so others willing might investigate for themselves.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I want not what i have not.

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

Goodness, Perry. You are not going to get Satanus to convert by riding his ass all the way to Bethlehem.

• Terry
    Terry

Your self is either who and what you are that is unique to the world or it is nothing but a receptacle.

We are responsible for what goes in and comes out of us.

If you are merely a tool of the state you are a political creature, a dupe or a soldier.

If you are not what you choose to be, but, merely what you are told to be you can be a weapon or a fool.

To be empty of SELF is to not exist....although you still breathe.

I can't help but question the merit of taking up space on this planet if all I am to be that is of value......

is what I become.....

when WHO I AM.....

is dumped out...

and what is left of who I WAS becomes filled with somebody's idea of God's plaything.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ooh robbie, you have a way of kinking the sacred.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit