How can anybody KNOW god?

by Terry 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Awwww, so you quit searching and traded him in for an illusion more agreeable to your experience. God didn't do what you wanted so you imagined yourself to be God. (which is the only way you could truthfully make that statement above)'

I accepted what did and didn't happen. What's illusionary about that? If i accepted the bible god, for which i never saw ANY evidence, THAT would be an illusion.

S

• Curtains
    Curtains

It's attempting to push it onto other people that is the irritating part. It's hard to correlate such pushiness w a person who claims self abandonment.

I agree satanus - I see it as propaganda and egoism

• Terry
    Terry

The template for a good shepherd was plainly stated by Jesus when he described the flock of 100 sheep.

One of these sheep strayed.

This creates the tension for Jesus to resolve.

Who is responsible for the sheep straying if not the: A. sheep itself for wandering away or B.The Shepherd

Jesus resolves this tension. In his illustration Jesus tells us something unexpected.

The Shepherd LEAVES THE 99 to go out and locate and bring back the 1 who wandered off.

Responisiblity is clear.

It is NOT up to the one who wanders off to find his own way back to the fold.

• Perry
    Perry
    It's hard to correlate such pushiness w a person who claims self abandonment.

Now that one got me rotfl.

It is actually very easy to correlate for a reasonable person: I am on a religious website, on a thread titled "How can anybody KNOW god"? Is there ANYTHING believers do in regards to truth that is NOT shamed on by secularists? Talk about "hard to correlate".

The self-abandonment that is necessary to know God is explicitly described by God and testified to by millions:

This is all it takes for ANYONE to meet God:

"If any [man] come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Satanus, back when you were searching for God, what were you holding onto that prevented God from saving you? I can think of nothing that is really worth it. That thing .... whatever it is - What has it done for you?

• bohm
    bohm

This is all it takes for ANYONE to meet God:

LSD?

• Curtains
    Curtains

and self promotion?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Satanus, back when you were searching for God, what were you holding onto that prevented God from saving you? I can think of nothing that is really worth it. That thing .... whatever it is - What has it done for you?'

Obviously, if there was something, i don't know what it is. Like i said, i was searching for yrs. If that isn't enough for the omni-everything god to come out of hiding, well, too bad. It's his turn. If he prefers to stay in hiding cuz some little thing i did miffed him, again, too bad. How can i prevent the omni-everything god from doing what he will, anyway? No, there's something out of wack in your premise.

S

• Perry
    Perry
    If he prefers to stay in hiding cuz some little thing i did miffed him, again, too bad. How can i prevent the omni-everything god from doing what he will, anyway? No, there's something out of wack in your premise.

It is your premise above in bold that is out of whack. Self-abandonment is not a little thing issue. It is huge. That's why works based religions are so appealing to the unsaved. Can you think of a larger issue for a person?

You have not taken stock of the challenge; you have minimized the pre-requisite to justify your imagined control over your own destiny. Yet, if a fallible doctor gave you 6 months to live without an operation, you'd be all about self-abandonment to his care.

So, it is possible for you to actually do it ... if you choose. Stop blaming your failure to comply on God. You are responsible.

• bohm
    bohm

I am totally convinced... you are such a lazy bastard satanus. and a liar, to boot. Clearly you didnt try hard enough or jesus would have answered you. and where is your humility! Be a good christian, blame yourself for demanding evidence, not jesus (and by jesus I mean me and my buddies jesus is in telephatic contact with).

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I went to Church one Sunday morning to find and know God, but all I ever found there was Man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit