How can anybody KNOW god?

by Terry 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quentin
    Quentin

No so. Each born again Christian gives personal objective testimony of the personal revelation of God once they have denied their own right to exist eternally and accepted Jesus as Lord of their life. To the unsaved this may appear subjective; but to the hundreds of millions that have done this, it is a purely objective matter - easily observed objectively I assure you....Perry

I see, so YOUR subjective born again testimony of a personel subjective revelation of God subjectivly accepting Jesus as Lord of your life becomes objective, if that abstract thinking has become objective for you that's fine, don't doubt your faith Perry. Do contend that a subjective experence does not make it objective because you say so.

God is not something to be obesrved in a test tube. He is a person that dynamically reveals himself and interacts with those that seek peace with him..... that statment I agree with.

through the Son, and the Son alone.. that statment I do not. That's like saying I have to pay an extra toll charge to get my massage through. God revels Himself to an individual as he wills. What do I know though, that statement is just as subjective as yours. Good thread Terry, catch you guys tomorrow.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'So, why all the heartburn if you know there are spirits? You are certainly different from the naturalists/atheists. '

In all the stuff that i did, starting as a jw, then a christian, and after that, the biblegod never made a showing, not a hair, not a trace, not a whimper, not a warning, nothing. Other spirits and things showed, but never the biblegod. So, you might understand why i'm a little pissed???!!! I concluded that he DOESN'T exist.

S

• Robdar
    Robdar

Perry, I think Satanus is saying is the same thing your saviour said, "Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:21 King James Version.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I concluded that he DOESN'T exist.

But money doesn't exist either, my friend. Even though it may show itself to you, it really does not exist. It's only by our belief that money has any value at all. If somebody tells me he doesn't believe in God, then I assume he must not believe in money either.

Since I believe in both, I pray to God that all the atheists out there give me their money.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I just found a newly undiscovered god he looks like this $

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lol @ trueone. Looks like the snake, btw.

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I now believe that Perry is a god and will start worshiping him starting this Sunday morning,

anyone else interested is welcome to join me.

Worship starts at 10 am. Sunday at the First Church of the Christ Perry

Parrots are welcome too

• Perry
    Perry

thetrueone,

I am the parrot silly. Who did you think you were talking to all this time?

• Perry
    Perry

I concluded that he DOESN'T exist.

Awwww, so you quit searching and traded him in for an illusion more agreeable to your experience. God didn't do what you wanted so you imagined yourself to be God. (which is the only way you could truthfully make that statement above)

Well God didn't do what I wanted for years either. I be-bopped in and out of an institutionalized Methodist church, and even a faily decent non-denominational church for a few years with no revelation of God.

It wasn't until a co-worker on an out-of-town trip told me that basically on my best day all my goodnesses were but filthy rags to God.....quoting Isaiah, that I understood my true condition.

At that moment the world stood still for a moment for me. I had never heard that scripture spoken to me EVER up to that point. That was the game-changer for me. A few months later after contemplating my utter helplessness before God and helplessness in struggling against evil, which in no small measure included the evil of my Watchtower indoctrinated family, I gave up all rights to myself to Jesus. Ironic that the Watchtower and my family eventually led me to Christ just by being who they are and having such a hugh impact on my life.

Jesus asks the ultimate for man to do.... self-abandonment. He isn't shy about doing so because he gave up the ultimate for us. He walked the walk.

What does it take for a man to abandon himself? Everyone is different. But, there is one critical difference between you and me Satanus, you gave up .... I didn't.

Still, there is time. Even now.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'But, there is one critical difference between you and me Satanus, you gave up .... I didn't.'

Self abandonment is giving up, isn't it? Anyways, the ball is in the biblegod's court, although he doesn't exist, as far as i'm concerned. Supposedly omni-everything, if he prefers to stay in hiding from people like me who put in so much effort to find him, then, that is just stupid.

'Still, there is time. Even now.'

Yup, he can still show himself. It's not up to me, as you know. You sound happy in what you found or found you. I respect that. It's attempting to push it onto other people that is the irritating part. It's hard to correlate such pushiness w a person who claims self abandonment.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit