How can anybody KNOW god?

by Terry 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    Revelation 1:8 says that Jesus is THE ALMIGHTY. . .

Martin Luther wouldn't agree with you- he didn't want to include Revelation in his Bible.

Back to square one.

• Quentin
    Quentin

How can anybody KNOW god? That is an abstract question to which only a subjective answer can be given, with no objective reasoning involved. With trumpets blowing in your ear. Over here, no over here. Back and forth we go.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well said Quentin.

w

• Robdar
    Robdar

Very interesting topic, Terry.

I have also wonder how anybody can know money? Money does not exist and yet we see it's result around the world. As James W. pointed out, " After all, there is a very real possibility that man invented the idea of God." Why not? We also invented the idea of money.

• Perry
    Perry
    Martin Luther wouldn't agree with you- he didn't want to include Revelation in his Bible.
    Back to square one.

You are making my point here. As along as a person does investigative spiritual business with anyone or or anything other than Jesus, that person will never know God. In this case you are doing business with Martin Luther. It might as well be religion, or charity, or your good works. None of that will reveal God.

A person will never have God reveal himself until we make the second move to do business with Jesus. God made the first move towards us, while we were yet his enemy.

There is no subjectivity to any of this. Two words: Christ ALONE. That's all anyone needs to know:

Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive them, not even near the door. And He preached the word to them. 3 Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. 4 And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.

5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” 6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”

This well-known incident in the life of our Lord is recorded for us in the gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke. The whole thing, the way the man was brought to Jesus, the opening up of the roof, the dialogue with the teachers of the law, the healing of the man, the general amazement in the crowd of onlookers - all such events speak of eyewitnesses who had been present and never forgot that day. This really happened. These words were truly spoken by the Lord.

This man was transformed by him, and because this is true there is a line that goes directly from that house in Capernaum to our house of worship today. What happened there is enormously important for you. I urge people to come away from the shadow lands in which that are wasting their existence and enter the bright reality of this incredible person Jesus Christ who once stood in our world and breathed our air, a man who is bone of our bones and flesh of our flesh. A man who is "God manifest in the Flesh". 1 Tim 3: 16 - KJV

• Terry
    Terry

Perry!

Where have you been, Buddy? We missed you.

Good to see you posting again.

• Quentin
    Quentin

There is no subjectivity to any of this. Two words: Christ ALONE. That's all anyone needs to know:....Perry.....Not so, Christ ALONE is a subjective observation. You follow that with an appeal to authority. The Bible. There is nothing objective about the Bible, it being open to all manner of interpretation and interpolation. Knowing God ( I freely admit is my subjective reasoning ) does not come through Christ, He is not the great Pontifus Maximus to knowing God. There are other avenues.

• poppers
    poppers

I actually heard Kenneth Copeland state on TV that God was 6'3" (or was it 6'2"? - it was a long time ago) and then gave his weight (I don't remember what that was). Where do guys like that come up with that stuff? I guess when you make claims like that it makes you more believable.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Its a religionists responsibility to incite the believability in god and to create the viable perception to know god and

to understand what are the benefits and purpose in creating a relationship with him.

Postulating religionists are really illusionists by using suggestive words to accomplish a state of believability.

• Perry
    Perry

Terry,

I just trained two guys from DFW this week and will be going to Dallas frequently in the near future. You will have no excuse to do lunch on one of those trips!

Perry.....Not so, Christ ALONE is a subjective observation.

No so. Each born again Christian gives personal objective testimony of the personal revelation of God once they have denied their own right to exist eternally and accepted Jesus as Lord of their life. To the unsaved this may appear subjective; but to the hundreds of millions that have done this, it is a purely objective matter - easily observed objectively I assure you.

God is not something to be obesrved in a test tube. He is a person that dynamically reveals himself and interacts with those that seek peace with him..... through the Son, and the Son alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit