How can anybody KNOW god?

by Terry 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

After all, there is a very real possibility that man invented the idea of God. Unless you take the ridiculous position that ALL human religions were really inspired by their respective "gods".

I think humans may be the imagination of ants, though.

• Terry
    Terry

Thus spaketh Tammy: So I guess it depends on what you believe.

Oddly enough, real things are indifferent to what we believe about them. However, imaginary things entirely depend upon it.

God isn't imaginary except to mankind.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think humans may be the imagination of ants, though.

Just of the big fat queen, or the collective borg - ?

• Terry
    Terry
    Ants can't KNOW humans or entertain theories and ideas or myths about humanity.
    If we step on an anthill they don't mourn and bury their dead and send prayers up to us.

How do you know they don't, Terry?

Well, ants in their prayers to me made no mention of it!

• tec
    tec

lol

• tec
    tec

lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

As a jw, my thoughts and focus were on god as they portrayed him. Then, w the pentle christians, i searched for him pretty hard. I finally decided to go direct, no flippin mediators, anymore. At about the same time i lost belief in the bible. However, one thing that i picked up from the pentles, is that god supposedly makes a deposit of spirit in a persons solar plexis area. That was a turning point in my search for god. Jws and christians, generally teach about a god OUT THERE, somewhere. That never worked. However, the internal focus when looking for him did, sort of.

Focusing from there never did reveal god, the standard god concept to me. However, my long dead brother, of whom i had not thought for yrs, did appear, very brightly. As well, eventually, i experienced directly 'the light' the 'source'. Through direct experience i came to the conclusion that is from what we all came, and everything came from. We all have a connection to it as we came from it.

Take what you will from that terry, my response to your question is that you can only know 'god' directly. The bible does say stuff like he's in all. Imo, that is literally true. If it is true, you don't need no religion, no mediator, no stupid church. All you need is to learn how to see it, yourself. Then, you ARE god;)

S

'Course, i could be delusional....:)

• james_woods
    james_woods

tec should only LOL once on such a serious subject...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

But is man a viable source to know god ? Knowing of mankind's past ignorance of the world of which they as well as we live in.

Why is it if we want to know god we have to scour through ancient written stories, who stories have been

interpreted and re-interpreted over and over again by men of ignorance.

Doesn't sound viable to me.

• tec
    tec
    tec should only LOL once on such a serious subject...

See previous post for response ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit