Anyone here have any experience with the "super-natural"?

by Knowsnothing 114 Replies latest jw experiences

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

And if so, would that prove an existence of evil-spirits (demons)?

I have heard of a couple of stories of possession, or of JW's talking to spiritists and the spiritists having seen 2 men following the JW, either dressed all in black, or all in white, and very strong looking. Yet, I have never experienced any of it.

Another experience that I heard is about a brother whose mom had super-natural strength, and tossed something really heavy. Also, I think that it was mentioned that the nails grew fast.

I've always been freaked out by these anecdotal accounts, even by the more blander ones about people preaching and being accompanied by "angels".

Anyone care shed light on the subject?

• fade_away
    fade_away

Who knows if all these experiences are true. Maybe they were accompanied by angels, maybe by demons, maybe it's all JW made up stories. I do believe that there is definitely something invisible that exists among us. I knew a JW friend who lived in a house haunted by something. A lot of my friends would stay one night at his house and never go back again cause they heard footsteps, breathing, and weird shadows. Sometimes they heard the cry of a baby coming from within the house. I'm not an Athiest, I do believe in god and I believe in the existence of demons. I mean, the evidence of possesed girls speaking in acient Hebrew and in a growling echoing voice is an unexplainable phenomenom that has been recorded many times. Something strange seems to exist.

But what I don't believe is the JWs being the one and only true religion.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

After living and working for a number of years in Papua New Guinea, I have seen things happen that could not be explained in any other way:

- In particular, the uncanny way in which many (even most) Papua New Guineans seemed to be able to easily locate lost objects.

One of the most striking of these such experiences was when I one day lost a set of keys. Unbeknown to me, this set of keys had in fact broken off my keyring, fallen to the floor of the double-cab .truck, and wedged themselves up under the rear seat.

As soon as the duty security officer heard on the radio telephone that I was returning to look for a set of keys, he straightaway knew where I had lost them:

- as soon as I arrived, he went straight to the cab of the truck, lifted the rear seat, and picked up the keys (certainly the last place that I would have thought to look!)

I am still open to suggestions - but so far, I can think of no other way to explain this, or other, similar experiences that I have had.

Bill.

• lesabre
    lesabre

i have a few stories that happened to me, but i don't know "exactly" what "it" was or if they were ever anything. but nothing as exciting as JW stories.... although.... this one "sister" told me a story of how her mom gave her an old piano and it was demonized. there was a man who would apear in the wood grain and looked like it was speaking, but no voice came out. i never told her that the same thing happened when i was a kid. only the man in the wood grain was in the bathroom and would appear when i would take a bath. it would go away if anyone else came in. lots of things happened in that old house. just recently when i lived in my inlaw's downstairs, there was something that would pull on my t-shirt and mess with my hair whenever i did dishes alone in the house. but i don't put labels on things like that. it's freaky when it happens though.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

A lot of it is JW folklore and urban legends. I have heard the same stories in different countries happening to different people in different congregations whether it's Japan, Europe or the Americas. Even the WT doesn't bite into most of the stories as they cannot condone somebody seeing spirits whether evil or good.

There is no scientific evidence to date that the supernatural exists or that possessions are real. I've listened to backwards tapes, looked into ESP, listened to static that has been claimed to contain messages - most of the times it's either a hoax or you have to have really active imagination to fill in the blanks. I have also worked in the brain imaging research field with very, very strong magnets (up to 8 Tesla) and have myself experienced phenomenons when around them, one I regularly felt is what some would call an almost out-of-body experience where after a few minutes laying still in those environments you start to perceive to be a shadow to your own body.

I have also had very lively dreams/nightmares where 'Satan' would talk to me but it's just a dream, some of them I forced into lucid dreams by trying to wake myself in the dream after which I learnt to manipulate the dreams. Usually they go back to my grandparents house where there was a scary looking African mask from the Congo. Back when I was young I would attempt to call out Jehovah (as my parents taught me I should do in bad situations) but the 'demon' would prevent me which according to biblical/WT lore is impossible.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

but i don't put labels on things like that. it's freaky when it happens though. -lesabre

So, is there proof in the existence of angels and demons?

There's a couple more that brothers have told me. Like one where a brother that used to practice spiritism before converting had apparently made a pact with a demon or the devil, and for some reason could not travel or step a foot to Finland, or one of those Nordic countries(weird, I know, but that was the pact's condition!)

In another, an ex-spiritist brother was bothered in his sleep by spirits, and he had to fight them. Would have to pray to God. Note, he was not crazy. A perfectly sane brother. Eventually the attacks stopped.

In another, a friend from KH told me that he had bought something in the flee-market, and had to through it away because it was causing ill-effects in the family. Crap wouldn't work. Things like the car, tv, etc. would break down. People in the household got sick(he had a big family). And, I'm not sure if it was him, but he said that on throwing it away, it mysteriously reappeared in his room.

There's also alot from my ex-stepdad. He said he slept with a demon when he was 20. He could predict the near-future accurately. He would also concoct herbal remedies. He even spoke of a person that was resurrected by a chief-shaman. I learned from him that spiritism also has ranks, and he described his being a spirit-medium like being a JW MS. Now that I think back on it, I lol, but don't discredit these accounts completely, even though some may be exaggerated.

Also, on a side note, I wonder how athiests explain these phenomena, or if they've ever experienced anything of the like, and to whom or what they attribute it to.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I had problems from the age of ten. The gypsy next door helpfully told my mum that the poltergiest activity in our house was because of me...it was drawing on my energy as I became a woman (about to start my menstrual cycle).

Tins of food flying around, xmas decs flying off and orbiting around, hot coles jumping out of the fire (about 5ft), pictures spinning on walls...

and the worst one......the oil lamp lifted its glass top off itself...moved to the middle of the room and hovered for a good 15 seconds before throwing itself 50mph into the fireplace.....my dad burst out crying (a tough talking miner), rushes us 3 kids upstairs and begs my mum to come home. God, that was back in 1982. We moved shortly after that. A few things have happened to me over the years, but nothing as bad as that.

As far as JW involvement goes....about 3 years ago, in my former cottage, I walked into my living room around dusk and there was a man clearly sitting in the armchair. Well, Id been studying with the JWs about 3 years at this point, I freaked and called the elders. They came right out...and sat with me and hubby (he saw the man in the chair too). They admitted they felt a presence, but I was in no danger, and opened the NWT at Psalms or something...........they told me right off that Satan was targetting me as I was growing closer to God......crapped myself. Moved about 6 monthes later to my present home.

Had a few instances of very strong baking smell, and perfume.....my mum baked wedding cakes and wore flowery perfume.....although Ive been told she is asleep in death. WHO KNOWS? It would be extreamly arrogant of us to assume we are the only intelligent life . Im sure also that things exist beyond our understanding and comprehension.

Paula

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I have experienced it at my place of employment, I started a tread a few months back on it,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/183649/1/Theres-A-Ghost-At-My-Place-Of-Employment

• man in black
    man in black

nothing supernatural, just a really neat UFO experience from 1989

• moon84
    moon84

The super natural is a big interest of mine. Often I like to look at it in a scientific way. But this I had to learn to do or I would never lead a normal life. I spent 20 years being afraid of things that I could not see. The first reason for this is because of what we are taught. But secondly I had a lot of weird things happen to me. Even after I left weird things have happened that I just can't explain but I can't give into saying it is demonic activity. I really have no clue because it can be a variety of things. A human can simply be haunted by their own memories, or the brain may be more powerful than we assume, negative/positive energy that comes from the deceased, energy lines, faulty wiring, enviromental features, ghosts, demons, different dimensions, the list just goes on... There is something there and that I can't deny. But I think the JW have a tendency to just name things without further investigation. This is harmful thinking because it does not allow for the truth to ever be discovered.

I had the worst attacks with the super natural when I was living at home with my mom and was still a JW. I would have demonic/violent nightmares. Sometimes after these night mares where I would be attacked by a spirit creature, I would wake up with bruises and cuts. Also I had many cases of being locked in a room somehow, objects flying off the shelf (especially when I was upset), and feelings of someone watching me. Could all that had happened to me be caused by my own demise? I think humans do not realize that our brains are really strong. It is our brains that have changed this Earth. But does it have more power than just a thinking function? Could it do more? These are things we do not know. Maybe those attacks in my dream was my own spirit trying to convince me that I was in danger. Maybe it would not allow me to have peace until I decided to leave what was hurting me. After I left the truth almost all of it went away. The only time the nightmares come back is if something is wrong in my life that I refuse to acknowledge and leave. Once I leave the abuse everything goes back to being the same. No more nightmares. I have had no flying objects in the house, no getting locked into rooms like I did, and no more physical bruises from my nightmares. The only thing I experience now is knowing more than I should. That scares me a bit because too many things I have known or seen and only to find out it came true a day or so later.

We may never find out the truth of it all but I know that if some of us are really open to the subject we may have an idea someday of what all this super natural stuff is all about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit