AndersonsInfo

by minimus 189 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Yes Loz, it beats me too why anyone wants to be rude or offensive about my topics when I put information on JWN every so often or about the way I announce my topics.

Steve2: You have posted 3,285 times including lots and lots of opinionated commentary along with blaring topic announcements and I've posted 655 times with information that I thought was informative for former JWs.

What really surprised me is your saying that there were people that hated me on this board. That's strong language coming from a registered clinical psychologist. Do you want to talk to me over the phone and give me some advice from you, a mental health expert, on how to make people not hate me when starting a new topic on JWN?

I looked back at all the topics I started and most of them were without commentary but contained articles I thought of interest to former JWs. You have claimed time and time again in your posts that you like JWN for the robust alternative ideas and commentary, but, yet, you as a psychologist have a deep problem with my style of passing along information. I looked over all the threads I've started in the past five years and a few have headlines to captivate attention, especially one about Big News regarding the article in the Journal of Church and State. Yet, you say I'm always doing this! This really seems to bother you and maybe you should find a therapist or something. What's with you and "slimboyfat" who said I always talk in the third person, and I do not. I sign most of my posts, Barbara, except when it's an interesting article that I post and that's done without commentary or signature. And I couldn't find one time I posted the way I started off last night's Australia story, but if I did that out of 655 posts, what's so bad about it?

Personally, I think you are rude and offensive and a drama queen! In answer to this statement of yours regarding my posts that are: "annoyingly breathless announcements such as "Anderson information has learned....." I've lost count of the number of times Mrs Anderson has announced that either the state legislature and/or media are on the cusp of exposing the Watchtower Society and that this time it will really shake up the Watchtower Society," I believe you have gone overboard with your generalizations and in this way attack my character and intent.

Are you doing this because I'm a woman (not a man) who climbed the Watch Tower ladder to the top and now pass along the information to help prove that this religion is a sham that terribly hurts people? I'm not a psychologist who went to university to learn how to help people with mental problems, but I wouldn't think of writing about another poster as you did to me and about me. I think there are JWN rules that you can't attack someone like you did me. And usually posters attack posters who use pseudonyms and that's not permitted if a certain line is crossed, yet, you did it to me whose name everybody knows and claim that it is your right to do so.

You think you have that right on JWN, but I'm old fashioned enough to believe that you as a former JW with new freedoms of expression should be respectful of others and what they are doing to expose the inner workings of WT. Maybe you should take up your cause with the owners of JWN and tell them how annoying I am to you. Or, tell you what -- just don't look at my infrequent posts, Steve2, and that way you won't become so irritated that I also am permitted to post on JWN too in such an "obnoxious" way. That's all I have to say about this so rant all you want as you are only hurting the image you have carefully crafted for JWN readers that you are liberal and magnanimous towards all.

• satinka
    satinka

Thank you Barbara Anderson for your announcements. It gives me hope that justice will prevail and the JW child molesters will be dealt with by law instead of by a "loving" judicial committee who cares more about the perpetrators than the victims. But, I suppose it's the perps who have the cash.

Personally, I'd like to see the JWs closed down. They are a dangerous cult who destroy families in the name of god.

Thanks again for being here!

satinka

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

barbara and joe are awesome people!

thank u barbara for being there for me when i was bringing my stepdad into

a jc, after 25 yrs....

IF SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM WITH HER, THEN U ARE GONNA HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME...

just saying...

sorry i missed whatever was said...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Are you doing this because I'm a woman (not a man) who climbed the Watch Tower ladder to the top and now pass along the information to help prove that this religion is a sham that terribly hurts people?

I have never read Steve2 claim that Barbara's gender was at all relevant to any criticisms he made in any of his posts, a rather sharp contrast with Barbara's attempt to undermine Steve2 who is a gay man by calling him a "drama queen".

I have found Steve2's posts moderate and well reasoned.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"I have never read Steve2 claim that Barbara's gender was at all relevant to any criticisms he made in any of his posts, a rather sharp contrast with Barbara attempt to undermine Steve2 who is a gay man by calling him a "drama queen".

I have found Steve2's posts moderate and well reasoned. "

"Drama queen" is a well known phrase in the USA referring to anyone who creates unecessary drama - it in no way references gayness, and no one who knows the phrase thinks it does.

Yours was not a well reasoned post.

• laverite
    laverite

As a gay man, I take issue with the suggestion that Barbara is using someone's sexual orientation as a way to undermine that person. Barbara is very respectful of differences among people; she is nothing but respectful of differences in sexual orientations. I have spoken with her about sexual orientation and found her to be extremely well educated on this topic. As a gay man, I feel very, very comfortable talking with Barbara.

The term drama queen is a very common one, and, knowing Barbara, I do not believe this was in any way a reference to anyone's sexual orientation. I would have used the term exactly as she did.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

It's obvious to me that Barbara's popularity means that she's more in the know then the rest of us. She get the calls from the news agencies, cult psychologists, government sponsered trips, and from ex-JWs who are coming out with something that has big potential. She puts what she knows out there for us to look at, to chew on, and to use. I am not jealous of her as I realize the hard work she must put in to accomplish all of this work. Jealousy is a green-eyed monster that's easy to spot.

Drama queen has nothing to do with gay people. It's a term of art. My 10 year old niece is a drama queen. She even has the T-shirt.

Skeeter

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Thank you Sixof Nine, laverite and skeeter1. The definition of Drama Queen as discussed in your posts is exactly what I meant it to be. Nothing more or nothing less.

• steve2
    steve2
    What really surprised me is your saying that there were people that hated me on this board. That's strong language coming from a registered clinical psychologist. Do you want to talk to me over the phone and give me some advice from you, a mental health expert, on how to make people not hate me when starting a new topic on JWN?

Actually, Barbara, I never said there were people who hated you. My earlier post suggested that anyone who expresses an opinion on this forum is likely to have some people agree or like them, others hate them and a wider number who are indifferent - and that's just the way it goes.

You read my biography which is there for all to read and noted two things about me, both correct: I'm gay and a registered clinical psychologist. Calling me a drama queen is your choice - I've been called worse, but it does seem like a gratuitous label that you probably wouldn'tr have used had you not read about my sexual orientation. But, there you go. I apologize if any of my comments have touched a raw nerve and it must be hard to see me describe your posts as comtaining "breathless announcements" about developments both towards and in the Watchtower. But, honestly Barbara, this is not the first occasion in which you have trumpeted an announcement about what you think is about to happen to the Watchtower Society and nothing happens. Remember your post a few years ago about the blood tort and what it clearly signalled for the Watchtower. Even a cursory reading of the lengthy document you copied to your post showed you had overstated matter significantly. I don't need to know anything personal about you to describe what you wrote. I took what you wrote - and commented on it. I didn't need to use any labels that alluded to your marital status or gender. If you think I've been hard on you because you're a woman, think again. Read some of my earlier posts about psychologist Jerry Bergman (the erstwhile Havor Montague - I think I've misspelled his assumed surname).

Yes, I could have phrased my opinion more carefully. However, in your response to me, you've modelled how to take things a step further and far more personally. None of this detracts from my opinion about liking this forum because of the divergent views. BTW, although I am a clinical psychologist, my strict policy is not to "clinically practice" in arenas that are not directly related to my professional scope of practice.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Barbara where has Steve2 ever attempted to use your gender to undermine you as you suggested?

Even if calling a gay man a drama queen is taken as having no sexual connotation it remains an attack against his character rather than an attempt to counter his argument.

Steve2 has made so many good points on this and the other thread, yet disappointingly you have chosen not to deal with any of them. Instead you have claimed on no basis whatsoever that he objects to your actions because you are a woman and dismiss him as a drama queen. That is poor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit