AndersonsInfo

by minimus 189 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2
    We need to build up not tear down.

Now, that sounds very JW-ish, Minimus. I heard similar sentiments from the KH platform! At the same time, even I concede it's a helpful principle - however it shouldn't be used "against" posters who have alternative points of view on a thread. I've noticed that as soon as anyone expresses an alternative view on what some other posters write, it's viewed as personal and negative. I'm so pleased this forum accepts alternative views and, in general, there's a robust acceptance that opinions vary - sometimes widely vary.

• LV101
    LV101

They are so appreciated and look forward to their posts --- Andersons and elders.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think Barbara works hard to research and put out the information and I'm very glad she does, its invaluable. Beats me why anyone and especially new ones would want to be rude or offensive to someone who has proved her worth over and over. What's more...she never attacks or insults anyone on here for me to know, so why the resentful attitude/s?

Loz x

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

What is her name on here?

• yesidid
    yesidid

I, personally am very grateful for all the work Barbara has done, and the sacrifices she and Joe have made.

That the cult has removed her son and grandchildren from her life is so sad.

Thank you Barbara!

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Thank you Anderson's for the information you provide. I think your posts add a great degree of informative information to this forum.

And isn't it nice that this forum can entertain all types of ideas and opinions without feeling the need to censure those that the majority disagrees with. I think we all broke away from that because we could see it was wrong. So, what is this all about?

An ignorant poster such as that should be terminated from this forum

Yes you are entitled to your opinion. From my perspective it sounds an awful like the high control kind of thing we are all breaking out of.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Terminating a poster because of their view = no..

Coming out of JW religion and a negative attitude=Yes..

Snoozy who also appreciateds the Andersons. Especially after reading her whole story..

• sherah
    sherah

Wow, hateration know no bounds.

Kudos to the Andersons'.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Some posters are credible, some are out on the lunatic fringe, and most of us are somewhere in the middle. With notable exceptions, few are scholars. Most mix fact and opinion freely and are not "reporters" (in the true sense of the word, not to be confused with today's news commentators).

After you've been here awhile, you learn to sift through them and take away what's valuable. Most of us are bright enough to apply the caveat emptor principle to what we read here.

Barbara Anderson knows what she's talking about and was for years an "insider" of high rank within the borg. If she sometimes sensationalizes the news, that's her dub training.

This forum, if you haven't noticed, is a sensationalistic environment. Just about what you'd expect from a group of people who until recently believed God would soon kill 99% of all the men, women and children on Earth, except for JWs, of course. At some point, we all thought the certifiable lunatics who started this cult were the sole repositories of divine knowledge on Earth, despite a rep for multiple dipshit theories. We're smarter now, right?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This forum, if you haven't noticed, is a sensationalistic environment. Just about what you'd expect from a group of people who until recently believed God would soon kill 99% of all the men, women and children on Earth, except for JWs, of course. At some point, we all thought the certifiable lunatics who started this cult were the sole repositories of divine knowledge on Earth, despite a rep for multiple dipshit theories. We're smarter now, right?

You have me peeing in my pants I am laughing so hard! So true!

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit