Are we losing members quicker than the WT ??

by wobble 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

palmtree67 - "I view this forum as the "Underground Railroad" for exiting JW's."

Awesome analogy, dude.

I'm still here, 'cause I'm still new. Plus poopsiecakes and beksbeks are nice-looking.

• Mary
    Mary

I don't post anywhere near as much as what I used to. But it's not because someone has pissed me off or I find the board boring. It's just that sometimes you get busy in life, or sometimes you just need a break. I know other 'old timers' who rarely, if ever, post on here anymore, and it's just because they've moved on.......Unclebruce, Gumby, Delilah, KW13, Luna, Littletoe, Bumblebee, Dr. Jekyll, Buttlight, Funky Derek, Old Flame.....How many on here know who these posters even are? There's a ton of new ones that weren't on here 5 or 6 years ago.....that's just the nature of things.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hey! Cheer up. I'm fairly new!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's Punky!!

• Mary
    Mary

Punky, just look at how much old I am than you..........

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Wow, Mary. 2002. I was still under mind control then!

In a way (seriously), I'm glad this forum waited for me.

Most considerate of you guys!

• jam
    jam

I feel dumb why I did not post for the first three years, and this is

why. When I found this site the only topic I would read was the subjects

on the home page, for example today (watchtower lierature is free

and Translating the Nwt).I did not realize there were daliy topics

discuss. I had posted early but never any response and I wonder why.

I felt my question was to dumb. For days I would check to see if my

question was posted on the home page. Then one day by accident

I stumble on Active topics, new topic, WOW hear was the community, been

posting ever since. I will continue until all my family get out of

that CULT.

• d
    d

Myself, I am fairly new.I will post rarely because I have things to get done.but I post when I have the time.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Been here five years. I read, post and gasp even start some topics. But, not everyday....Don't know if Terry posted to this topic, or not, haven't read all comments. He, like many others, has beeen busy with other things and as Farkel, Mary others they have reached a point were they comment, or post topics as they see the need.

This boards not going anywhere and certintly not going to dwinddle down to nothing....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I still stick my head in once in awhile..

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Someone, in last years post, used the expression, this site can/could be thought of as a half way house.

I am/have been, overwhelmed, by finally understanding, I have been following a paper doll religion. Man made. Imperfect.

I was a true born in believer. I kept my mouth shut all my life, so as not to hurt JW's image.

Being told armegeddon is right around the corner, all my life.

Still trying to be optomistic, with a smile on my face.

Elders not wanting to believe my spirit appointed, my eye, elder husband could be a cruel abusive man.

I've got a lot to think about. I've only found and started reading here recently.

It is a lifeline. Just because I don't actively post, doesn't mean I have nothing to say. I am NUMB. Understanding what this website is about, who its for, I am sure there are others, like me, who are tired and feel numbed out over the/their whole situation. I maybe sitting on the side line but I am here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit