Are we losing members quicker than the WT ??

by wobble 79 Replies latest jw friends

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech
    I believe the turnover on this board is healthy. At least we have the archives so all the wise words of the great and good are here for posterity.

Agreed! The greatest advantage is that this is here for support and the supportive comments dont go away. Just gotta dig for it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

JWD is a place of education and healing. Some move on, some stay. It's nice to see all the new posters but I also miss all the old timers.

• jefpainthorse
    jefpainthorse

If you miss all the "oldtimers" get the boss to fix my login.

Hillbilly aka Jefpainthorse

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I definately read way more than I post. I'm aware of jw recovery, but I like this site way more. Is there a better jw forum on the web???

There are a number of very active exjw forums on the web. This one is unique though because it has droves of people from all walks of life. It's a facinating place, really.

-Sab

• willyloman
  • willyloman
    willyloman

I think of the forum as a half-way house on the road to recovery. It's only a permanent residence for those who stay on and become staff counselors.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Half-way house IS a good analogy... I wonder if I'll end up as one of the staffers.

V665V665

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I view this forum as the "Underground Railroad" for exiting JW's.

It's really the only reason I'm still here.

That, and I've grown attached to some of you........

• White Dove
    White Dove

Didn't read one response.

That said, here's what I think:

I think that this board functions as a kind of rite of passage on our journey away from the WTS.

It's normal that we come here to get healed, and depending on our goals for our non-JW life (like getting family members out of it), it's normal to finish up here and move on.

Kinda like school and braces.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Okay, I read one (okay, a couple;).

HIYA, -V--V- !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit