Are we losing members quicker than the WT ??

by wobble 79 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I myself did leave for a while but I came back. It was nice to keep up with at least some JWNers on Facebook while I was gone but I found that ppl here really missed me here, and in the end, I was compelled to come back. (I lovey the Dovey...) Like many others, I will just come and go as I please but I don't think I'll ever leave for good ('cuz my family will never leave the BOrg either).

Unlike some (gullible suckers), I already knew (at least partially) what this place was about when I signed on. It's laughable when a completely naive rube signs on simply because this place has Jehovah's Witness in the name, only to realize that this is a nesting place for EX JWs and those thinking of leaving, not a haven for the "faithful". Idiots like that I don't care for at all.

It's true: ppl get busy with real life or they get bored with this place or don't need it any more and move on. (Ask Hillary Step.) There is an ebb and flow to real life and the same goes with this board...

V665V665

• moshe
    moshe

It takes a lo-oong time from some enlightened JWs to offically quit the KH. They are doing the extended fade in the hopes of getting their spouse and family out. When they are successful, we'll hear back from them.

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

how many registered users are there for this site?

I definately read way more than I post. I'm aware of jw recovery, but I like this site way more. Is there a better jw forum on the web???

I like that you can filter this site by active/recent topics. In many ways I view this site as a news site (though I do enjoy reading the personal experiences), I mean this site pretty much keeps me up to date with the comings and goings of the WTBS. Also from time to time, I find users will post external links to very interesting content that is not strictly JW related.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

i think the turnover is a positive thing. just about everyone here leaves and keeps the insight with them then they check back from time to time, new ones join, post a while then follow the same pattern. there is a lot of knowledge of the fallacy of the "truth" out there

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Apologies....... Ive Hijackedmy hubbys login.

Im Sleepingbeauty, I snoop in & sneak out.

Sometimes I feel as though my contributing on here steals my inner energy. They took so much of ME away that contributing on here feels like they are allowed to continue to do that ... Thats why I read & only tend to give in small does :0

I owe so much to this forum & know I'm duty bound to help others, but I've found I 'needed' to side step most of it & start to move on ... I really dont want to spend the rest of my life recycling JW tripe.... :z

• trevor
    trevor

Most come here to vent their frustration at the WT. After much debate and education they move to a new position.

The Atheists debate the Christians and visa-versa, until the energy is spent. It's fun, exciting and therapeutic. Then we settle down and get on with living in the real world.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

I haven't been on for a while......been busy moving etc. I lived on this site when I first left the Org, but as I healed I just found other stuff to do. I'll always be greatful to those who helped me.......thank you.

Like many others I'll pop in every now and then.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Out of the members here, plenty have been here 3 years or more and only have 500 or fewer posts. Others have plenty of posts within their first year, but have subsequently averaged 50 or less per year. I think the number that went back to the Washtowel, on their own or otherwise, is relatively small--most simply get involved in something else and find much less time to post here.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I've been reading this site from day one. I rarely post now and most current posters will not know me but I do visit 4 or 5 times a week to see the hotest topics.

3rd

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's a halfway house ........................ not a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit