Are we losing members quicker than the WT ??

by wobble 79 Replies latest jw friends

• elm
    elm

I might not post here very often, but I have not left.......This site is invaluable to me for all sorts of reasons it has kept me going when times have been hard.

I do feel guilty sometimes that I take more form this site than I give. I sit at my little net book and log on here almost everyday, you can hear me tut,sometimes sigh, lots of laughter and yes sometimes cry.

I have felt anger, sadness, joy and happiness and comfort sharing all these emotions have been so much help because I will never forget how much your emotions or normal feelings are suppressed as a JW.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

As you leave the JWs, your needs change.

Many find they go beyond the need for the "boohoo my family won't talk to me" type threads, the "oh no an elder's at my door" threads, or the "what do I say on my first date with a worldly person" threads.

As well as the many exJW recovery-type discussion boards, there are also ex-ex-JW boards for those who were once JWs, but it doesn't dominate their life anymore. These boards are less heavily moderated so the members are freer to express themselves. For an exJW, free expression is very important.

As Black Sheep said, this board is merely a half-way house. It's not like we're obligated to stay here for a designated amount of time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I'm still here.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Once you've had the same discussion about a subject 10 times, you tend to lose interest.. If you stay here long enough, I guess you just had them all. You may still lurk for the personal experiences but that's it.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks all , for your comments, I think it is inevitable that many move on, and healthy too, as Black Sheep said, it is a half-way house.

As Cantleave pointed out, we have the wonderful archive of posts going back to the beginning, and any subject is searchable, it is worth pionting this out from time to time for newbies. (With your screename Cantleave, you gotta be here FOREVER !)

I am just a little sad when some of the great contributors are no longer here, but I do understand.

And this thread was started as a plea that whatever you are able to contribute and whenever, you all do so, because as I said, this site has been a life-saver for many many people.

My BIG Thanks to all who are able to contribute, and to Simon et al for the site.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I'm not a prolific poster but I've been here for over 10 years. It's a shame that some of those former posters don't contribute anymore but in a sense, what more could they add? What more information does anyone need?

I think JWN has evolved from a doctrinal discussion forum into more of a support network for those that are newly exiting the WT or for those that are still suffering because of its shunning policies - long may that support continue.

Nic'

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I havent lost any member

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I am actually on here just about daily. I have a JWD habit, on my iphone, from which I cannot post I also lost my old login "breaking_free". I have a void I need to fill with reading JWD, and it is insatiable, I often go to sleep far to late because I'm up reading. My husband hates it. He can't understand why I don't just leave it behind. He hates what he lost/put up with while in and doesn't want to know anything about what goes on inside anymore. Maybe I'm just more concerned about my family because I think they're nice people on the inside and I want to keep abreast of whats going on, particularly if there's anything to watch out for that could affect my relationship with them (i have been faded for 5 years). Does anyone else have a similar problem? Perhaps we need a JWD anon site

PS - when will we be able to post from iphone, or how can i get to the website rather than the iphone skin site?

• metatron
    metatron

A high school or college does not long regret the loss of "members" - because they have graduated and moved on with the rest of their lives.

metatron

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

I forgot to add JWD helped me realise it was all a con, along with other sites, back in 2006, so I've been around 5 years even though this login is not as long and I don't think I joined for a while after I started lurking (to scared the watchtower would track me down lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit