Are we losing members quicker than the WT ??

by wobble 79 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

Reading a thread from just a few months ago, made me realise that a lot of people who used to be regular contributors here no longer do so.

I know that people have always moved on, as the anger and hurt get less, as the WT mind-set totally disappears, we feel the need to come here less and less, but because of the intelligence, insight, wit and wisdom of these people, the board is somewhat impoverished each time one of these moves on.

This is a plea to all who post now, and some who still read but don't post, please do not leave us entirely, the contributions on here are literally life-saving for many. It is easy to get dangerously suicidal when the whole WT pack of cards falls down for you.

Please do not become a stranger to us !

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

look at the posters from the very beginning compared to now, yet there are many thousands registered here, people move on , get bored etc, no worries.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Indeed lot of people left the forum. I'm posting since 2001,(I was justhuman but I had problem when the forum changed and I had to log on with a slight change) almost 10 years and I have seen lot of people leaving.

People get tired(like myself) and feel that they wanna go on with their life, leaving behind WT. I do post from time to time, but not like before. For sure old members can help easily the new ones who question WT and they are having their Crisis of conscious, but the internet has so many information regarding WT that is very helpful.

This forum serves like a dwelling place for those who are injured by WT, they stay as long they need to be healed and then they carry on...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I love seeing people who seem like new posters to me until I look at their join date and it is 6, 7, 10 years ago. Yeah, you can check out but you can never leave completely.

I hope the ones that are on vacation will come back soon, too.

• FlyingHighNow
  • Room 215
    Room 215

Maybe the flow of the Spirit is being obstructed here? (Remember that one?)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I agree ... its such a valuable resource for all of us who had to go through the pain of realising what the WTBS is...even in the year I've been here its been good to see many newbies coming on and sharing their stories....long may it continue

Loz x

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I think some just take it in cycles.

I haven't seen or noticed a new post from terry but he will take time off and than come back.

Just my .02.

• koolaid-man
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sometimes we become what we most dispice in our zeal.

For many, that is a turn off and, well...they leave for "greener pastures".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit