The secret things men hate about being men

by FlyingHighNow 129 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

I don't like beer. And when I'm out, I don't pretend to like it. And yes, peope have questioned why, and probably think I'm less of a man because of it. But I'm not going to chug something I don't like just to please someone else.

I don't like protein powders either. So I don't use them. That's almost unheard of in the bodybuilding community, but the same principle applies - if I don't like something, I'm not drinking/eating it to please someone else.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Rocketman, thank you. Somebody's got to stand up for men's rights.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Can't wear high heels black stockings and a dress in public without your masculinity being called into question

• TD
    TD

I would add:

Lose hair every place you want it to grow and grow hair every place you don't want it to grow.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A real man either loves beer or not, but doesn't care what people think/know about that.

They learn that their size is plenty enough if they use it well or they learn to use their tongue well enough.

I highly doubt that men over 40 are using little blue pills in droves.

Someone invented GPS to combat that "asking for directions" thing. Otherwise, that was true.

Neckties and the top button on dress shirts are pretty stupid.

The thing that men hate (no secret) is that it is pretty much the women who decide when and if they will have sex.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    40% of men need them after 40"

what the hell?? I have to imagine that any man with 40" needs not just blue pills but a blood transinfusion to go along with them!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

"Little Blue Pills"

- I have never even heard of the bloody things, let alone need to use them!

As for "pretending" to like beer, the only medication I take these days comes in a brown bottle.

Bill.

• Violia
    Violia

This makes me think about the Seinfeld episode where Elaine keeps telling her friend what is wrong with her boyfriend. " he is a high talker, but he belches like a man" ( Seinfeld junkie)

My guy likes beer, most sports, is conservative, but on his softer side likes to garden and sort of reminds me of Mr. Rogers. I'd hate it if he was Phil Donahue ( too chick like) but I like some of the softer side. He is not too good with home repairs like my father was, and I miss that. He was not the most sensitive father in the world and I wish that could have been different, but he's become an awesome grandfather. I plan on keeping him around.

• JeffT
    JeffT

They are too proud to ask for directions so they spend 2 years, 45 days, 7.5 hours, 20 seconds driving around lost during their life times.

Leave it to a woman to count that to the second. We'd just call it a bunch of time and let it go.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I would add:

Lose hair every place you want it to grow and grow hair every place you don't want it to grow.

I've told people that the hair on my head is growing inwards now. Instead of it growing out of my head, its growing down into my nose and ears. Just the past few years I started having to cut hair in my ears.

One thing as a man that I cant stand, and I wonder if there's a female equivalent, is jock itch. There's nothing worse than jock itch, other than maybe herpes, or the claps, not that I know anything about either, but I've heard enough. A few years ago in the summer, I had cut my folks grass. It was hot as Dante's Inferno, and after it was said and done I was kinda tired as earlier in the day I had helped move someone. When I got home, I was tired enough where I didn't feel like taking a shower. So I layed around for a while, but my scrotum started itching. Being lazy, and feeling MacGyverish, I decided to rub my scrotum with some hand sanitizer. That may have been the worst mistake I've ever made closest to the mistake of getting baptized in this religion. I thought a hole was going to burn in my scrotum. I swear i thought my testicles would just fall and roll on the floor. Terrible, I'll never do that again. Nowadays I just go and get a shower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit