Have you given up on humanity?

by d 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar
    My ex always maintained that I caused the depletion of the ozone layer.

You must toot the butt flute. Hey, maybe you know my ex. He played the anal trumpet

• Violia
    Violia

No, jws are not right. The entire world is not full of mean spirited evil folks. They exist, but so do lots of folks who are trying as hard as they can to help their fellow man.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get what you are saying about humanity. There are plenty of jerks and disappointments to be found. But humanity is all we really have except for isolation. I am with Mindmelda that there are great people all around. I don't let the jerks spoil my joy in humanity anymore. If people still get to you, avoid those you know about doing so. I still manage to avoid most dubs.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get what you are saying about humanity. There are plenty of jerks and disappointments to be found. But humanity is all we really have except for isolation. I am with Mindmelda that there are great people all around. I don't let the jerks spoil my joy in humanity anymore. If people still get to you, avoid those you know about doing so. I still manage to avoid most dubs.

• moshe
    moshe
    i think the majority of all people are basically nice.

Just take their food away from them for 48 hours and see, if you still feel that way! Civilization is just an illusion- at the root, we humans are still primal beasts when survival requires us to act that way.

• unshackled
    unshackled

What's that saying? "Don't bother telling anyone your troubles. 80% don't care, the other 20% are glad you have them."

Anyways I wouldn't say I've completely given up on all humanity. But there is the discouraging fact that the world is run and ruled by a thin crust of the upper echelon. The rest (of us) are sheeples and puppets stuck in a "system". Buy this, buy that...then you'll be happy. Listen to lady gaga or bieber and your troubles will go away. Watch glee, watch jersey shore...so you can be distracted from real life. Vote for him, vote for her...then things will change. Pray to this god, that god and you'll feel better. It is all distraction and misdirection.

Unfortunately, money runs this current world and we're all slaves to it.

• d
    d

I feel that we are slaves to a syestem that gave up on us years ago.You can not really trust people they will just end up screwing you over.Me personally, I keep my friendships and interaction to a minimum because you never know when they are going to stab you in the back.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Maybe it's just pecking order crap. If you act as if you are better than others, they will try to cut you down to size; if you act humble and treat others as better than you, everyone will be happy. It's just a game.

That's what I've learnt- don't know if that's your problem though..

• d
    d

Yes I see what you mean transhuman68.But people are animals deep down, who at their are in a constant struggle to surivive.That is life is about a constant never ending struggle then you die.It is every man for himself.I am not trying to be pessimatic but that is just the reality of humanity as a whole.Sometimes I feel like George Carlin, "I have given up on my species, sit back and watch the world burn"

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Something I've found that helps me in life is a minimalist approach. To start, when you join an internet forum, choose only a letter of the alphabet as your avatar name. When you take this approach, life will become much easier. Oh wait....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit