Have you given up on humanity?

by d 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Satanus nails it again... people in general are dead in their egos, walking cadavers.

And then there are those with no spirit at all, just basic animal survival instinct..... for you deep thinkers and truthseekers, this article was an aha moment for me... you gotta read this...

http://www.montalk.net/matrix/157/spiritless-humans

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

One of the things I have enjoyed about leaving the JW's is being able to view society on a more positive note. I have spent my life looking for the bad in society to validate our belief that things are getting worse and the end is getting closer. I decided one day to start noticing the good in people and I saw people doing things for one another that I never saw within the JW cong. Yeah, there are assholes everywhere. But there is also a lot of good, if you just look for it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

For me I still feel that people are just mean and self centered at the core of their being.

I just feel that just like I said before people are just rotten to the core.

I am happy to say that you are wrong. How can you possibly generalize SEVEN BILLION of ANYthing? Let alone seven billion human beings with diverse natures and environments?

If your experience is with rotten people then I suggest finding other people to hang out with.

You mentioned that giving to charity is useless because the problems persist. Tell that to the kid who is eating the first full bowl of rice he's had in months right now or the woman who's children have just been taught to read and write by a volunteer.

Also, many people present the false dichotomy of being selfish or being selfless. There is a thing called enlightened self interest that motivates the majority of people. Most people are smart enough to realize that helping oneself doesn't equate with hurting others and that in fact as one helps society as a whole one is personally helped as well.

Have you looked around JWN even? This place is full of people taking time out of their busy lives (where they could remain selfishly adding to their own prosperity all day long) and helping others unselfishly.

I left the Borg because among other things, they lie to the flock about the condition of mankind and the nature of the world. I won't stand for that crap anymore. The world isn't evil and people aren't damned.

Seek help both professionally (for your depression) and socially (to hang around with decent people). And don't think what you see on TV is how all, or even most, people are. News agencies focus on negative, bad news. The vast majority of real people aren't like that.

• d
    d

Madsweeny I am not depressed just a person who the true nature of people.I see what you are saying.I volunteered at an old folks home, it wasn't bad.I did want to help people but at times it just feels like I can nevet do enough.That is why I gave up on my fellow man.We are stuck in a cycle of endles pain and suffering.

• d
    d

Here a good video of why I lost faith in Humanity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KPEJNGAlqw

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Sooooooooo... you've given up on humanity because of some nasty diatribe from an alcoholic comic? Oooooooooooooooooooookkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy...

V665V665

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Absolutely not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXbqK3tNbM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110323/ts_yblog_thelookout/nine-year-old-loses-leg-while-saving-little-sisters-life

Nine-year-old Anaiah Rucker is being hailed as a hero after saving her sister from being hit by a truck last month. Anaiah told The Today Show's Ann Curry today that she didn't think twice before pushing her little sister out of the path of the vehicle as the pair crossed the street in Madison, Georgia to get to the school bus stop.

Anaiah took the hit, instead, and lost a leg and a kidney for her bravery.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/07/julien-duret-mystery-hero_n_528503.html

NEW YORK — A French tourist who rescued a toddler who fell into New York's East River says he didn't think twice about diving in to save the girl.

Two-year-old Bridget Sheridan fell off a gangplank at the South Street Seaport museum Saturday. Her father, David Anderson, says she slipped through guardrails when he averted his eyes to adjust his camera.

Julien Duret, of Lyon, France, jumped into the water. Anderson followed closely behind. Duret scooped up the girl and gave her to her father.

The New York Daily News says the 29-year-old tourist got in a cab after the rescue. Duret says he doesn't think he's a hero and that anyone would do the same thing.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

No way but I'd sure like to beat the f*** out of 'em sometime.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Vampire, good points on attacking the ideas of a person by what he does on his own time!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Dude, I just don't see the validity in letting a cynical comedian influence one's philosophy of life. Okay? It just seems kind of pathetic to me...

V665V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit