Have you given up on humanity?

by d 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

d - looking back over your threads you seem to have a leaning towards nihilism and Nietzsche.

There are also many other far more positive and optomisitc philosphies that don't require a supernatural worldview. Be careful of cyncism it can be a downward spiral

A year ago you posted this,....

"for those on this forum who are stressed with work, bills and other life stresses."

Enjoy.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I am very disillusioned in man's ability to end the most basic forms of suffering in this world, and cynical that the terrible inequality in the world will ever end. Governments waste trillions of dollars on weapons and space travel while babies in Africa are still starving to death and millions of children suffer in abject deprivation and malnutrition. Half the world is starving and lives in poverty while the other half is overweight and is worried about getting the latest smartphone. Corporations have no conscience. As long as this disturbing state of affairs continues, the human race is still basically barbaric as far as I'm concerned. Apart from a few UN organisations trying their best there is no grand ultruistic vision. It is a shame that Communism failed, in theory it was a great utopian ideal.

• still thinking
    still thinking

There are a lot of great utube tutorials by professors and teachers. Maybe you could have a look there too to find more information on subjects you are struggling with. I don't know what you are doing. But, there seems to be help for everyone and every subject.

I've had a look at a few myself just because I'm interested in certain things and want to understand them better.

• sizemik
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

d, your solution is to get a lover. Are you single? Get love into your life. Get a girlfriend or boyfriend (whatever gender you are or sexual preference) and you will feel waaaaaayyyyyyyy happier. Try that and if it doesn't improve your mood, you can come back and carry on with the whiny ass cry baby feeling sorry for myself life is so unfair nonsense ok.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well said sizemik!

If Stephen Hawking can be positive about life, and look how phsically restricted he is...what excuse do we have to not be positive? Life is what we make it and how we perceive it. If we want to keep looking at the negatives and ignore the positives that is all we will see.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare - Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

You see . . . you are not the first to feel this way d . . . and I don't feel you deserve to be bagged for it.

I have 3 sons who are young adults . . . the challenges and fears they face seem daunting for them too. We are flooded with information and are always making difficult decisions. You have a prospective future extending out much further than many of us older ones here . . . and this can add weight to your feelings.

Life is hard at times . . . but we are all inextricably involved with mankind . . . and to step back and become a "passive observer" is basically the cowards way out. If you ever get to gaze into the eyes of your rescuer, a stranger, who's expression of genuine concern and commitment to saving your life is etched in his brow . . . you will see that you were never alone.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.

Find every little positive move you can make and start your journey . . . start with yourself and the people around you. You will find like-minded people everywhere . . . good people. Accept the triumphs along with the failures and keep coming at them . . . you're a child of the revolution. Don't give up your place.

• d
    d

I do have a feel bad for me attitude. I just feel that I try to progress with my life and it feels so pointless. I feel that I have to trust just myself and nobody else.I am looking into the abyss and it does stare back.

• d
    d

By the way I had a girlfriend in a sense but we broke up.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Never. I believe most people are inherently good and caring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit