Have you given up on humanity?

by d 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We live in a time where one person can be as world changing as any event in history.

My ex always maintained that I caused the depletion of the ozone layer.

And yes, I gave up on humanity years ago.

W

• d
    d

I have in many ways given up on my fellow man.I mean think about how people in this country go hungry.That is digusting, we are the richest country in the world and we can not even feed them.This is they kind of stuff that makes feel hopeless about humanity.Also think how much povery exists in this country.I try to see what I can do to help those less fortunate then I am but it just seem pointless.Because in reality I am not making any tru difference.I think humainty is just going to be consumed in hate and violence.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have in many ways given up on my fellow man.

Does that include yourself?

-Sab

• d
    d

NO Sab it does not.I just feel that just like I said before people are just rotten to the core

• tec
    tec

I see the same things you see, but of course I'm no better than anyone else. People are good, bad, and just plain confused as the next person. I do think its very easy to get overwhelmed and depressed when looking at the big picture (especially the big picture according to the news channels). But you can also find good when looking at the big picture; it just isn't as sensational as all the bad.

Some people can change the world. Other people can do a little bit for someone or a few people around them, no matter how small. Hold a door open, smile at people (this is underrated, but it really helps people feel better), give the homeless beggar five bucks, pick something up that a stranger dropped, volunteer an hour down at the homeless shelter or the food bank. Little things done for others does help... and it doesn't matter if no one else does it. Do what's right without worrying about what other people are doing.

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

Tammy

• designs
    designs

Get involved with groups doing constructive and postive things in your community and internationally.

You'll have a different perspective.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm thinking of getting into some kind of nature or animal conservancy volunteer work. There's not much energy left, though, after i bust my butt at work on long days. It's something i have in mind to check out.

S

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Amazingly, although I'm bipolar and have been treated like shit by a few people along the way, I still believe in humanity. I find people fascinating, rarely get tired of them.

I meet amazing people all the time, and I look for them, and they're everywhere.

Best way to deal with the jerks in life is to figure out why they're being one, and if it's nothing you can do anything much about, ignore them or get away from them, keep running in the opposite direction til you find someone deserving of your attention.

• bohm
    bohm

nope! not at all. i think the majority of all people are basically nice.

• Robdar
    Robdar

No, I haven't given up on humanity. We all have our good points as well as the bad.

If good people throw their hands up and do nothing, then they become part of the problem. Apathy is not the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit