So me, of all people, had a religious experience

by sabastious 363 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    After we sat back down we finished the game and the phenomenon was totally gone. ... thats because god had a dominoes game next, he has a busy schedule you see.

• jay88
    jay88

Sab, I'm just kidding man.

I think that it is an extraordinary thing to be alive, bitter-sweet at times, yet mind-blowing.

jay,

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I do understand atheism very well, dude. And I see how childishly ridiculous and irrational it is" yeah, stupid Sagan, Hitchens, Dawkins, harris, Randy, Hawkins, stupid stupid. freaking irrational atheists..

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    I do understand atheism very well, dude. And I see how childishly ridiculous and irrational it is. But I'm not going to hijack this thread. My point was, don't mock what you haven't experienced.

Dan, your comments on this thread reflect a rather narrow perspective of atheism... one limited to a dictionary definition, in fact.

And I noticed that you bailed on that thread, as you have several recently in which your flawed reasoning was exposed. What can we do to help you, not accept or deconvert, but understand this perspective a little better?

I added a video to that thread that I felt explained it very clearly. Did you reject it because it conflicted with your own misconception of atheism?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

So...God was the dealer of the cards? What's so sentimental about poker?

• tec
    tec

Its funny, but reading this thread and listening to all you 'guys', I can easily picture you all sitting around a poker table, playing cards, and having this exact same discussion ;)

Tammy

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    As for Cheeze, I never told you that you were going to hell. Maybe it was a dream...

You never told me that, no. You were clear to step to the side and point out that it was the Holy Bible that says that. I can add a link, if you'd like.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

brotherdan, here we haven't spoken in months and you're picking a fight. I am mocking no-one, you included, and there is no heat in my words. My questions to sab were serious, and he has responded seriously. What's with the pent up anger, son?

Yes, I know all about Jehovah's witnesses. I've been married to one for 34 years, and studied with them myself for a few years more than that. which probably makes my Jehovah's Witness experience more involved than your own. However, as an atheist I would never presume to believe that I am somehow superior to another human being because I have been somehow chosen and they were not. Remember, no heat in these words. You perceive me as inferior and you betray your animosity toward those you perceive as inferior. That's the image I'm getting, anyway.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

now lets pray to god.. "our father that is in heaven".... ps. maybe i bought the wrong kind of chinesse food cuz i finished and nothing happened... same results i got when i played the ouija board. i guess satan is shunning me also.. :(

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Mockery never contributes much to a conversation, in my experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit