So me, of all people, had a religious experience

by sabastious 363 Replies latest jw friends

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

And so it continues, Robdar. Yes, I jumped to the conclusion that you were male. I do sincerely apologise. I made the same mistake with journeyon. I tend to be more circumspect when I am addressing women, call it chivalrous romanticism. Men seem (I use the word "seem" a lot, if you've noticed, because I try not to express surety when I can't know for sure) to display the same kind of aggression you do.

Yes, my statements to brotherdan and journeyon were ad hominem but they were expressed in terms of impressions. As you rise to perceived attacks on your friends, I respond in kind to perceived attacks on me. In terms of vitriol, however, I take off my hat to you.

I am not an intellectual and never claimed to be, and I make no claims to wisdom. This is a conclusion to which you yourself have jumped, since you claim to know what I think. On the contrary, I am constantly reminded and humbled by how little I know. I value and admire people who take the time to educate me, except those who do so in a manner that resembles rubbing my face in it, like how some folks train puppies by rubbing theirs in the excrement they left in the corner.

Yes, I have used cannabis in the past. Quite a lot of it, actually. You evidently took my comments to be critical or untruthful when they were not.

If you should choose not to communicate with me again, Robdar, I wouldn't be offended.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Why, Nick. I never knew you suffered so much. I guess the Big Jay isn't the only martyr.

Look, dude, I have nothing against you personally and do not even care to know you. I was only giving you a taste of your own distasteful medicine. And if you don't want assumptions made of you, why don't you do us a favor and stop making them in the first place?

Edited to add:

In terms of vitriol, however, I take off my hat to you.

Coming from such a pro as yourself, thanks!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't claim to be an expert on the fairer sex, either, but I do know one thing: it's better to leave them with the last word.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I'm going to go out on a limb here:

I recommend both of you reading this page:

http://personalitypage.com/html/INTJ_rel.html

I'm pretty sure Nick is an INTJ. Sorry in advance if I am totally wrong.

Reference Myers Briggs for more information on the personality profile.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Are you having a bad day, Robdar?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I'm pretty sure Nick is an INTJ. Sorry in advance if I am totally wrong.

Sab, you are most definitely more observant than others in here. I am a borderline I/ENTJ.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I am actually having a wonderful day, Nick. How are you doing? Toke?

BTW Sab, I'm an INFJ.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, you are most definitely more observant than others in here. I am a borderline I/ENTJ.

Funny, the I/E was the hardest for me to type out because I could see both.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    BTW Sab, I'm an INFJ.

Massive INFP here.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

How are you doing? Toke?

Would't mind at all, but my JW wife thinks it's evil, so I'd better not.

Heading out. Later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit