So me, of all people, had a religious experience

by sabastious 363 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What did your brother have to say about it, Sab?

We both couldn't even make eye contact when it was happening. We both had to take a break and talked about it for about 30 minutes. We were both dumbfounded. After we sat back down we finished the game and the phenomenon was totally gone.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

I won.

-Sab

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

nickolas, i am saying that

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I can't play poker worth crap. I get all excited and say stuff like, "SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!" if I get an ace or anything larger than a nine. Of course, beer exacerbates the problem so I just stick with that and skip the poker.

That sounds like good times.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

My reponses to some of you are going to be more involved and I am short on time. I have to get back to work. Be back.

-Sab

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

After we sat back down we finished the game and the phenomenon was totally gone. ... thats because god had a dominoes game next, he has a busy schedule you see.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Pardon me, but that statement is really screwed up. You don't understand atheism, it is clear.

I could see another group saying that.

Pardon me, but that statement is really screwed up. You don't understand Jehovah's Witnesses, it is clear.

I do understand atheism very well, dude. And I see how childishly ridiculous and irrational it is. But I'm not going to hijack this thread. My point was, don't mock what you haven't experienced.

As for Cheeze, I never told you that you were going to hell. Maybe it was a dream...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    That sounds like good times.

I do pretty well with Skip-Bo and beer.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Question, sab. Deep down, do you really want to believe in mystical experiences to help you make sense of the world?

Mystical? I'm very interested in scientific explanations of what happened to me. I am excited I have more data to work with, because that's exactly what it is right? Data.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I do understand atheism very well, dude. And I see how childishly ridiculous and irrational it is. But I'm not going to hijack this thread. My point was, don't mock what you haven't experienced.

You wouldn't be hijacking since that's exactly what this thread is about. I had an unexplained experience; was it a higher power? Aliens? Crazy probablity? I really want to find out and anything could be useful.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit