So me, of all people, had a religious experience

by sabastious 363 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    What happened to me might have been it's best effort, no?

Believers, please bear with me while I ask a few questions before accepting this as a sign....

Why the ambiguity? If this is a message from an omnipotent, omniscient, omni[everything] being... and he gets off on... teasing, I'm a little more than concerned. Maybe hell suits such a god after all.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think your brother learned some slight of hand.

It wasn't a trick. He shuffled it completely right in front of me and would never play such a dirty trick on me. We got a good relationship and he knows that I would have this kind of reaction. If it was a trick he will eventually tell me and I will post on this thread.

-Sab

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

sbc : my dry humor is being wasted

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

It's funny. The modern skeptic humanist waits for someone to have a glimmer of faith or experience of the supernatural, and then they all try to jump on him and rip that faith or experience to shreds before it can grow. They want to make sure you know that you didn't feel what you felt, and that you're wrong!

It reminds me of a group I used to be a part of. Atheists are basically Jehovah's Witnesses minus God.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, without sounding like a smart-arse, if only due to the fact that it happened, may I suggest the term highly improbable?

That's what I mean by "all intents and purposes." Just the cards would be in the billions to one, and add in the chances of my statements made just eariler to the card game, man I would be pissed if my brother set up the deck.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

What did your brother have to say about it, Sab?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I'm sure you knew that by posting this you were going to get ridiculed by the skeptics. You know what you saw and what you felt. SBC has not had that sort of experience, so instead of getting jealous he's just going to mock you.

Dan, Cheez didn't mock me.

-Sab

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    SBC has not had that sort of experience, so instead of getting jealous he's just going to mock you.

Per my earlier comment, I am NOT mocking Sab. Not once has he told me that his god is going to burn me in hell for not accepting him into my heart.

EDIT: Thank you, Sab.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Hey brotherdan. Seems everyone changed his avatar while I was away. Anyway, please correct me if I am wrong. What you are saying is that you are special. You are saying you are different from those of us who don't believe as you do. You are saying that God's Holy Spirit used you to do things. Are you saying that you are somehow superior to the rest of us, because God has chosen you, and not us? Curious.

It reminds me of a group I used to be a part of. Atheists are basically Jehovah's Witnesses minus God.

Pardon me, but that statement is really screwed up. You don't understand atheism, it is clear.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

ok am ordering chinesse food also.... waiting, waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit