Nickolas

sabastious...You have a PM.

• Curtains
    Curtains

nickolas, welcome back - you are too funny

edit: no offence to you journey-on

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thanks, Curtains. Never any offense taken.

I've just come across a new thread that illustrates well some of the dynamic that has been going on in this one. The video is rather long, and the intellectual trouncing the two women mete out to their critic will cause some to squirm, but still well worth the viewing.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/206683/1/Miracles-versus-rare-events

I particularly like the question: "What are the statistical odds that determine a miracle?" Priceless.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    any more revelations?

I think so, it's hard to post them because it's been difficult the last couple of days to get enough time. The boy is teething pretty bad right now and I am focused on helping the wife.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The boy is teething pretty bad right now and I am focused on helping the wife.

Brings back memories, from when my first son was teething 34 years ago. This too shall pass, Sab, and one day you will get some sleep again.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I haven't read this long thread. Just wondering: If you hadn't made that statement in your mind prior to the game, how would you have probably interpreted the series of hands?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    It's just an observation I have of you. All that remains is being civil toward one another and try to have an adult conversation, preferably using our brains.

HA! So you prefer an adult conversation after you childishly run up and smak JO with your little bag of bitchiness? tsk, tsk. That IS rich.

• Violia
    Violia

I just saw this on HBO, " The Sunset Limited" Samuel Jackson, Tommy lee Jones. wow it was great.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/arts/television/11sunset.html

If you have HBO or can find this it is worth watching.

Sab, journey on is right , don't let the naysayers take away what to you may have been a answer to whether there is a higher existence. Just b/c others have not received an answer or response does not mean higher intelligence does not exist.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I haven't read this long thread. Just wondering: If you hadn't made that statement in your mind prior to the game, how would you have probably interpreted the series of hands?

This relates to something I have been thinking about. I can't think of anyone who has had "a spiritual experience" that didn't ask for one. Not even me. So I wonder, doesn't the asking do something psychological that may cause "the answer" to appear? Or does it open up some cosmic spiritual doorway? Or is there difference merely semantic? Is the supernatural perfectly natural but not yet explained, and in the meantime attempted explanations are polarizing?

I don't know. I know that even if the feelings are self-made they can tell us something important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit