So me, of all people, had a religious experience

by sabastious 363 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    what is a sentimental hand in poker?

I made a post about the sentimental hands let me see if I can get a link.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/206612/7/So-me-of-all-people-had-a-religious-experience#3903798

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Since this was my emotional experience it is biologically impossible for you to make such a statement about it. This is a mystery to me therfore it is a mystery; a simple truth that you are choosing to ignore in the anove quote.

Whatever you say, Sab. Nothing offensive intended. I have a way of suppressing my emotions so I don't always empathise with people who are more influenced by them than I am. Didn't mean to rain on your parade.

• journey-on
    journey-on

"Spiritual awareness" is a dirty word (well two words) to some people. How dare you have an experience that someone else hasn't had! Surely there is an explanation! You were high...you were drunk...you are mentally ill...you're lying...it's just a bizarre coincidence...your experience is not real because THEY didn't see it or experience it. So, they have to cut someone down. This usually turns into belittling the experiencer, God ( or, rather their concept of Him), or both. Once you tell someone what your experience was, you open yourself to this kind of ridicule. It's part of it. Brace yourself. It was personal to you and for you, sabastious. Do with it what your intuition guides you to do.

• Curtains
    Curtains

thanks for the link sab. i've read it. Its thrilling to witness something like this and if it happened to me I would feel very very lucky and awed at the same time. congratulations

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Methinks thou dost protest too much, journey-on. You seem quick to label those who propose an alternate perspective from yours as intolerant and pushy. Your post positively drips with negative emotion, and I have yet to meet anyone who drips negative emotion who is really happy. Yes, I do think you are irrational for what you believe as you must think I am irrational for what I believe. So, no insult intended. It's just an observation I have of you. All that remains is being civil toward one another and try to have an adult conversation, preferably using our brains.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have a way of suppressing my emotions so I don't always empathise with people who are more influenced by them than I am.

By suppressing your emotions you are constantly having to deal with their possible outbreak. Ironically that process takes more mental power than just taking the emotion out and dealing with it.

-Sab

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

By suppressing your emotions you are constantly having to deal with their possible outbreak. Ironically that process takes more mental power than just taking the emotion out and dealing with it.

You are absolutely correct, Sab.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Nickolas, methinks YOU dost protest too much. I know exactly what sabastious is describing. Reread this entire thread, post by post. Look at yourself and how you talk about and to those that support what we KNOW sabastious experienced. My intent is to help sabastious realize that there are others here who will NOT condemn, criticize, doubt, argue, or insult his intelligence or his health (physical, emotional, psychological, or spiritual) because of his experience.

Look at what you just posted about me. Out of one side of your mouth, you are hateful and ignorant, and out of the other side you are apologetic and civil. If I drip emotion, as you put it, yes, there are some things I feel strongly about and don't mind voicing them. You call that negative? I don't see it, but enlighten me if you wish.

You obviously haven't been around very long. If you knew me (I've been posting four years), you would know I have been criticized for being too happy and optimistic about Life. You are quick to criticize ...especially those things you know absolutely NOTHING about. But, carry on. Peace.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

any more revelations?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

You obviously haven't been around very long. If you knew me (I've been posting four years),

Why do some people around here think seniority is the same as intelligence?

Chill, man.

edit: I know exactly what sabastious is describing. Reread this entire thread, post by post. Look at yourself and how you talk about and to those that support what we KNOW sabastious experienced.

You just know. Yes, I realise that. The nineteen guys who took all those lives just knew they were right, too. Faith, like that, is what makes this world evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit