Progress ( I think? ) in helping my wife to see the "truth"

by stuckinamovement 93 Replies latest members private

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

So incredibly happy to read your original post and wonderful update. Nice to read that you are stronger as a couple.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

SIAM: We will be DA'ing within 6 months I bet.

SIAM, why would you bother to DA instead of just riding off into the (fading) sunset?

Why the compulsion to play by their rules? instead of just ignoring them?

Doc

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

We intend on telling our friends the ttatt. A jc will likely be formed and if that happens we will da. I'm not going to go through the circus act of a committee

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi stuckinamovement, Congrats on your success with helping your wife to see TTATT.

What is your plan for telling your JW friends and family about TTATT? Will you be creating another thread to help others learn from your experiences?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tornapart
    tornapart

Gives me hope that patience wins out in the end. Thanks SIAM

• QC
    QC

SIAM,

You're doing exactly what I did to leave, figure out what the Bible really teaches.

Best thing I ever did.

Check email PM

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Update:

First off I want to thank JWN and the good people on this forum for your encouragement and support. Here is the update. We are now out as a Family. It has been about 2 months since my wife and kids went to a meeting. My wife stated to me "it's time to pull the plug or rip the bandaid off. she added I guess we are done."

Of course her lack of attendance has resulted in several calls and interogations by her close friends. She unloaded both barrels and informed her friends exactly why she is done with the religion. This has resulted in several calls to myself from elders asking to meet with us. We will meet with them and will both likely be Dfed for answering questions honestly. This will probably happen in the next month. Only in the JW's can you be spiritually and socially executed for speaking your conscience. They will teach you how to stand up for what you think is right and then when you do so and they don't like it they punish you for it.

It has been a long road out. In the last three years we have gone from me learning TTATT and resigning as an elder, fading, struggling with each other over the religion, to grudging acceptance on her part and then finally her being the one to break our fade with her lovely brutal honesty. I love this woman so much.

If you have a mate that doesnt yet see it, please be patient. In the words of my wife " learning about it all put me through hell, but I would rather know than not know" and " once you see the lies and corruption you can't not see it".

In the next month or so (as soon as we are dfed) I will put a picture up on a thread "SIAM and Fam unmasked". Maybe some of you know us?

Best wishes and love to all

SIAM

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Stuck you have a pm

• smiddy
    smiddy

What a great inspiring thread for people in a similar situation . Well done.

smiddy

• Bella15
    Bella15

Awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit