Progress ( I think? ) in helping my wife to see the "truth"

by stuckinamovement 93 Replies latest members private

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Bump for new member pronomono.

• steve2
    steve2

Wow - there are a lot of newbies on this forum with spouses still in the organization who will find this thread very helpful.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Siam, I just read your recent update from August 15th, 2013. Great news on the progress!!!

Keep up the good work, you're an inspiration to many of us!

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

This thread is very helpful to me too-it's so painful to watch my husband continuing to try to indoctrinate our children. It's good advice to be patient, but it takes a terrible toll mentally, physically and emotionally.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Siam,

I'm glad this was BTTT because I've been stuck in limbo for several years now. One foot in (for my wife's sake) and my brain OUT. As I sat looking around at the AGM, I saw the frenzy the rest of the crowd was in. I've read all the garbage postings on facebook and instagram. I feel like I'm at a breaking point.

Seeing this update as helped me make it through another day. Perhaps I've been too patient. It's frightening to think that I could lose my wife & kids as many of you here have. I've got to focus. I'm going to re-read this and hopefully get some points I can apply. I really think I'm at the point of a complete breakdown.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Doubting Bro, keep hanging in there. Are your kids old enough to make their own decisions or still young? When I faded I made a plan for myself and followed it the best I could. It wasn't perfect and it didn't stop all of the arguing but at least I felt I was on a path and moving forward. Even though I was moving forward really slowly. If you would like to talk in more detail please PM me.

I was and still am concerned with my spiritual freedom and the freedom of my kids. I can show my wife my example of spiritual freedom and happiness but I can't make her join me. The same goes for my kids. Although with them I have been much more successful.

PM if you'd like.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Wow . Whole thread read. Inspired but sighing at the thought of another couple of years of waiting... Hope my story works out the same as yours mate.. Well done!

• flipper
    flipper

SIAM- Great news ! Keep the great work up in regards to opening your wife's mind. Good job

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Thanks Flipper.

Its funny if you asked her today if the wts is a cult.....she would say yes. I am definitely done, and she is mentally out, but physically still in a little. We will be DA'ing within 6 months I bet. It's been a long painful ride to this point but when what you believe is fundamentally wrong, pretending it is right doesn't make it so. Our marriage is stronger than it was 3 years ago, and we are truly there for each other.

SIAM

• steve2
    steve2

SIAM - I love your updates!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit