Are you a fader, Df'd, DA'd, or Still In?

by brotherdan 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

I haven't been in almost a year, and never plan on going back. We still get the occasional elder visit and congregation invite, but we don't respond.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Born in JW, never bathtised and faded for almost 13 months now, some family members are shunning me. This is what i get for emailing everyone the shephearding of flock book, watch out everyone! just wait till I get my old wathctower references out. I was playing their own game but it turns out secret literature and old light can be considered as apostacy and even though I am not a JW and I was forced to go to meetings when I was young people are giving me the cold shoulder. Me and my good intentions..

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

I'm 18 and still in because my mom still makes me go against my will, but I've been faded since I was 16. If only I could find a way t o get out of going I would fade completely.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Wish I could DA but I've got close family still in so I'm a fader did a quick fade starting in 2007 and haven't been to a meeting since except for a memorial.

I guess you could say I've totally faded out they've pretty much shunned me though not formally.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Quick fade at the end of 2009. My wife and I haven't been inside a KH in over a year.

• iceguy
    iceguy

DF'd in December 6th 2006. Funny how I can't remember the day I was baptised but no problem remembering when they announced I was no longer a JW.

• darthfader
    darthfader

As my name implies... Im a fader. The little Mrs. and I have been fading for about 10 years. I'm only trying to avoid the hard cutting of ties (DA or DF) as not to upset my parents - who are in their mid 70's and have been JW's for 40+ years.

• pirata
    pirata

Still in. Previously had this idea that I would help all my family see the "truth", but have now come to accept the fact that they may never see it. Now I just try the drip method of feeding little bits of information, showing as much love to them as I can, and hoping everything will click one day. By focusing the family worship on Bible reading, once in a while we have a good scriptural discussions that bring out points that the Society often doesn't. We've also incorporated the history of the organization into the family study (until the family got tired of it) which has brought out a lot of good points as well. In the meantime I'm relatively active as a JW, but not well enough so as to bring anyone new into this religion. I'm in this for the long haul. If/when it is found out that I no longer believe in this religion and I admit it's been like this for X amount of years, I want them to be able to look back and see that even without belief in this religion, I was a decent person showing love and kindness and other fruits of the spirit. Hopefully that in itself will speak volumes to those I love.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm 100% totally faded. No DA, no DF. Active wife and mother (and a few others, mostly in wife's family).
    No meetings whatsoever. No reading Watchtowers or NWT or nothing from them. Sometimes, the wife leaves it in the car and I pile it up near the trash so she can find it or so it can go out if she doesn't.

Masterfader...like it. I am a masterdebator.

Ha ha, good one. There are debators that could run circles around you. You are just an apprentice, Grasshopper.

I worked at a bait shop when I was a teen. The owner said I was an apprentice baiter and that he was "the master baiter." I never knew if he said it that way on purpose.

• mf6
    mf6

Is this elder the poster called "littletoe"?

MF6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit