Are you a fader, Df'd, DA'd, or Still In?

by brotherdan 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• factfinder
    factfinder

I just ended up going to meetings less and less. It was not planned, I just kept losing my desire to go. My last time at any meeting was in August of 2005. I continued to share in informal witnessing, letter writing and placing literature for a while and sent in my FS reports. Then I just stopped reporting and eventually did less and less informal witnessing. Everything happened naturally. I did not read any apostate or anti-witness literature, I did not know about this forum. (Nor was I interested in anything anti-witness).

I still read some of the w & g from time to time. I have a jw brother who has cut off contact with me. No one from the cong contacts me, nor do I ever see any of them. I never discussed any doubts I have with any of them. I have no friends or family there. I am officially inactive.

The only witness I ever see is a sister from another cong who I sometimes get the mags and literature from at her place of work. She knows I gave up meetings 5 years ago and do not agree with the new generation teaching. She does not even know what the new generation teaching is even though she went to the DC.

I no longer consider myself a witness. I'm not any religion. I still accept some of what the witnesses teach, some things I reject and some things I'm not so sure.

I never heard the term "fader" before reading it on this forum. But I don't consider myself one as my leaving the "truth" was never planned, it just happened on its own.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

DA'ed , it was done in a very dishonest way by 2 elders in my cong conducting a hands free phone call so they could both hear my voice after answering their stupid loaded questions, I didn't even get the chance to write my own letter not that it mattered I had been faded for a couple of years and had no intention of setting foot into a KH ever again, 1 brief afternoon at the DC of 1995 and that was my lot.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Fader. Havent set foot in a KH or talked to any JW(other than people who start to wake up) in 2 1/2 years, nor will I ever again. I have a policy of never, ever, ever answering the phone or the door if they call. I dont care what they do, they have no authority over me. I will not DA because there have been some JW friends in the past that run into problems and then have come and talked to me and I have helped them leave. I also reverse shun JW's if I come across them at the store.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

I'm faded. I had my jolly good arguement with those of my congregation on my doorstep hoping I'd get df'd but it didnt work !!! So I think I'm a successful fade :P

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

yourmomma-reverse shun? Does that mean you go up and harass them until they talk to you? Or is it more exuberant? Do you like hug them, loudly proclaiming how much you have missed them, then maybe slap them on the backside? Either way sounds interesting and potentially fun.

• Searchn4answrs
    Searchn4answrs

Baptised at 14.. Df'd at 21.. Reinstated 6months later....Couldnt handle the emotional abandonment....Then faded ..I catch an occasional memorial, here and there..I still have family ties...But succesfully avoiding conflict for over 10 yrs......

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

LF, what I mean by reverse shun, is I shun them. Not as fun as what you wrote, that would be hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit