Are you a fader, Df'd, DA'd, or Still In?

by brotherdan 86 Replies latest jw experiences

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Oooohhh. Can't wait to read it, LWT.

I think you've already read it. It's been a few months, though.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Whoa...I never read this quote that you included in your DA letter:

"If any overzealous doctor condemns your tonsils go and commit suicide with a
    case-knife. It’s cheaper and less painful." (The Golden Age, April 7, 1926, p. 438)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was inactive for 10 years before I read Crisis of Conscience. As far as I know I am listed as inactive. My sister has run to the elders more than once, with relish and glee, trying to get me kicked out. The elder body in Cartersville has never seen fit to kick my bootay out. I am supposing it's because they know I begged for help for year or two and didn't get it. For my whole family. Yeah, they know they are culpable. And I'd kiss everyone of them who did NOT help, too.

• Reality79
    Reality79

I'm faded but it's totally over as far as I'm concerned.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Wow...LWT...That was amazing. I'm so proud of you!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Been gone mostly since 1991. The last time I graced the hall with my presence? It was one lone meeting at the end of 1999. I found the whole thing so bizzare and the people just like aliens. I knew then I could never be a JW again. I wasn't completely out mentally until I read CofC towards the end of summer 2001. I'd kiss Ray Franz, too. RIP, Ray.

I always knew, even at my most faithful, I'd have to read "apostate literature" if it ever showed up in my mail.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Fader....a masterfader.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Masterfader...like it. I am a masterdebator.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I have not stepped foot in a hall in almost 6 years. Surely I am atleast listed as inactive - but no one ever tried to call me or "encourage" me or advise me of my status.

My older brother who is an elder avoids me like the plague - so I could be DF'd and just not know it ! I guess I could ask him, but I do not care enough to open the dialog.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm out, no meetings or d2d for 10 years. No need to DA for me, their game, their rules, and I'm not in their game.

*** w82 4/15 pp. 23-24 par. 10 Enduring Joyfully Despite Persecution ***Yet if we did not preach or hold meetings, we would not be witnesses of Jehovah God or Christ Jesus, since a witness who does not say anything is really not a witness at all. (Isaiah 43:10, 12; Acts 1:8)

*** w59 12/1 p. 722 par. 8 “Prove Yourselves My Disciples” ***All who are counted as Jehovah’s witnesses are active preachers of the good news meeting the Biblical standard of morals, since an inactive Christian or one not meeting the standard is not a Christian at all. He is not a witness for Jehovah

*** w57 2/15 p. 114 par. 4 How Jehovah’s Witnesses View Their Ministry ***If one does not witness, he is not one of Jehovah’s witnesses. To call ourselves witnesses of Jehovah and then to refrain from witnessing, which is ministering, would be taking Jehovah’s name in a vain or worthless way. Never may that happen, and it will not so long as a proper view of the ministry is maintained.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit