3/15 WT " Do Not Deceive Yourself "- WT's Excuses for No Armageddon

by flipper 82 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

With the new " overlap generation " theory that the WT society is pushing onto rank and file Jehovah's Witnesses since last year this article I found really heavy hitting in the JW version of the WT. The WT society is leaking oil in that confidence is low among JW's in not really buying into the " generation overlap " theory as many younger JW's are exiting the organization. So what better way to try reeling members back in by giving them an article entitled " Do not Deceive Yourself With False Reasoning " !

This is a non-study article so it won't be considered in their WT study . It starts by stating on pg. 3 " We should not think that Satan is the ONLY one who can mislead us. The bible also warns us about the danger of ' deceiving OURSELVES with false reasoning. ' " It goes on stating that in Haggai's day the Jews wanted to build their OWN houses - not give attention to God's house. The article continues, " Do you see a lesson in this example ? A WRONG VIEW OF THE TIMING of the divine purpose could lead us to lose sight of the importance of our spiritual activities and become sidetracked with personal interests . ( God forbid we do that ! ) To illustrate , imagine you are expecting guests. Anticipation of their visit may lead to a flurry of activity as you attend to necessary household chores related to their stay. However, then you receive word that your visitors are delayed. Will you abandon the preparations ? " Translation : Don't worry - God delaying Armageddon is as simple as your house guests being late for dinner or visiting you ! Uh-huh.

The article continues," He ( Peter ) noted that some ridiculers raised doubts as to whether God would ever intervene in human affairs . He reminded fellow Christians that the ridiculers were mistaken. In view of what SOME MIGHT CONSIDER A DELAY , a Christian could lose his sense of urgency and instead give priority to a comfortable lifestyle . ( Must be sinful to do that ) Could you see that happening to you ? If we follow this line of reasoning, we would be DECEIVING OURSELVES. We could ask ourselves, ' Should it surprise me that this wicked system of things has LASTED LONGER THAN I EXPECTED ? ' " How about YES ? I think THAT is an appropriate question ! Jeez.

The article goes on and states, " Jesus repeatedly admonished us to keep alert. Such reminders are needed when as a result of waiting over what SEEMS TO BE AN EXTENDED PERIOD , people are at risk of losing their urgency. " Do you think ? The article continues talking about Jesus illustration of the end coming like a " thief in the night ". And we should " prove ourselves ready ". Then the article tells us HOW the illustration should make witnesses think, " That illustration shows the need for being prepared to wait, EVEN FOR A CONSIDERABLE LENGTH OF TIME . No, we should NOT be overly concerned that this wicked system MAY have lasted LONGER than WE EXPECTED. We should not deceive ourselves by falsely reasoning that ' Jehovah's time has not come ' . Such thinking would dull our desire to preach the good news of the kingdom. " O.K. Are these WT leaders insane ? First of all they tell JW's to be Ready ! A thief in the night will come- just like Armageddon ! THEN - They tell them to not be OVERLY CONCERNED that it hasn't come yet !! Then go to the point of telling them it may STILL be a " considerable length of time ! " If I was a Jehovah's Witness right now- I would DEFINITELY think I was getting jerked around - you think ?

Continuing to tell Witnesses not to " deceive themselves with false reasoning " the article finishes by saying, " If we do not arouse our clear thinking faculties, FALSE REASONINGS can take root in our minds. For example , we might tell ourselves, ' Jehovah's day is undoubtedly coming - but not immediately. ' Such a shift in expectations could lead to a relaxed approach toward our theocratic activities. Now is certainly not the time to allow FALSE REASONING to deceive us into thinking that Jehovah's day has been postponed . Rather , it is the time to make our hearts firm, for Jehovah's day has DRAWN CLOSE. " Sigh . Double sigh.

My take is that if ANYBODY has false reasonings- it's the WT society. They are desperate to keep their " end game " in place by continually blaming rank and file jehovah's Witnesses for having an alleged " lack of faith " due to " the end " or " Armageddon " not coming yet. but can we BLAME JW's for doubting now ? Not really. The WT society has said it's the " last days " for 132 years now ! I mean, people can only take SO MUCH ! after awhile you smell a rat. Something's rotten in Denmark. And damage control is RAMPANT in the WT society now. As always- I definitely look forward to all of your takes and comments on this information. Take care, and have a good evening. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

Im tellin ya, they backed themselves into a corner, and they did it a while back.

they gonna pull a move. They're working up to it.

but not before canada is fully operational.

• bobld
    bobld

"We should not think that Satan is the ONLY one who can mislead us" HELLO.HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.You Got that right,because you are the OTHER ONE.

"Concerned that this system lasted longer than expected".Iam old and broke are you going to pay for my rent.clothes,food,medical.You see I have no retirement money.It ok for you because you have ALL the luxury.

B

PS:Yeah this system sure lasted longer them you old foggies taught and many of your buddies are not around.

• crapola
    crapola

Thw way I look at it is this way,, If it looks like a skunk, stinks like a skunk, and walks like a skunk, then think for yourself and get the **** out of there before you get the stink all over you! That did'nt make as much sense as I thought it would but I think you get my point. I'm so glad I got away from that skunk.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

To illustrate , imagine you are expecting guests. Anticipation of their visit may lead to a flurry of activity as you attend to necessary household chores related to their stay. However, then you receive word that your visitors are delayed. Will you abandon the preparations ?

This reminds me of the time I had invited a couple to dinner. After I had prepared dinner they called and cancelled. There was no emergency. They just decided to accept another invitation. I never invited them again. Am I still waiting for them to come? Heck no!

Reopened Mind

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Why do I have this mental image of a big table with a bunch of guys sitting around it saying" OK what story are we going to come up with to get us out of this 1914 generation thing."."

Snoozy

• flipper
    flipper

THEJIGSUP- WT society REALLY has backed themselves into a corner. So what do YOU think is up behind the scenes ? Curious about your thoughts.

BOBLD- Yeah, it's easy for the GB and leaders oof the WT society sitting in the lap of luxury to tell Witnesses to not decieve themselves and seek the preaching first- but most Witnesses DON'T have retirements. I feel for you. I'm in a similar boat.

CRAPOLA- WT society IS a skunk - and I got out in time ! Glad you did too.

REOPENED MIND- Yes, I thought it was somewhat of a dimwitted illustration as like you said- if someone delays or cancels dinner- it's usually not a emergency. Just do it another time. I thought the comparison to the " last days " coming was ludicrous

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'd like to answer this article, " Do not Deceive Yourself With False Reasoning " with another article: " Do not Deceive Yourself With False Reasoning Anymore. "

If a guest delays and delays and cancels once or twice and goes back to delaying, most sensible people would abandon preparations. Imagine setting the table and never eating at it for decades so that it stays ready to serve a meal to a guest like that.

I imagine this is not a study article because those that see through their doctrines would easily see through such an article. The only people this article will preach to are in the choir.

• scary21
    scary21

Keep crying wolf!...... this generation..........in our day.........you'll never get old in this system........WE DID!!!!......why would anyone beleive now....this has been going on too long. I once asked a pioneer, "If the end didn't come for two hundred years, would you still pioneer?" She looked at me like I was crazy! She did answer that she would still pioneer. But that was Not her mind set. I'm sure she never considered the possability.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They keep pushing and pushing that the end is right around the corner. They've been doing it for over 100 years. Then they blame the rank and file for being overly anxious about it.

If I was waiting for two house guests and one of them kept calling me and said "we are five minutes from your house" and they never showed up. Let's say they kept doing this for hours and hours, what would you think about the guest who keeps calling you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit