3/15 WT " Do Not Deceive Yourself "- WT's Excuses for No Armageddon

by flipper 82 Replies latest jw friends

• paladin
    paladin

I've been waiting since July 1968 for the big 'A'.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So are they now saying that Armageddon is to be ...delayed?

Maybe next year they will say it's postponed.

And if anyone at all is left in the congregation after that...the last mag will be an article on Armageddon cancelled.

• Scully
    Scully

To illustrate , imagine you are expecting guests. Anticipation of their visit may lead to a flurry of activity as you attend to necessary household chores related to their stay. However, then you receive word that your visitors are delayed. Will you abandon the preparations ?

I have to laugh at that Illustration™ because I remember as a kid being told that relatives were coming to visit from across the country. My siblings and I were so excited that we sat at the roadside for an entire day to watch for them to show up, and make sure they found their way to our home. They didn't show up. They didn't even have the courtesy to call and let us know that they changed their minds about the trip. It was terribly upsetting, because for one thing, we imagined that there had been an accident or car trouble or perhaps they were lost. But no, they just effing BAILED.

When we found that out, we couldn't have cared less if we never saw or spoke to them again... and we didn't for about 10 years.

That's precisely what the WTS did for everyone waiting for the Generation of 1914 to come to an end... they bailed on every single one of them, and then came up with a lame @$$ excuse, while still expecting everyone to kiss their collective behinds.

• JeffT
    JeffT

So, the wt has been saying for 130 years that the Big A was coming soon and it's MY fault for thinking that it didn't get here on time?

Right.

I agree they're painted into a corner and can't get out.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I agree. They've got a tiger by the tail. Let go and its gonna bite them in the ass. The only solution is to tighten their grip.

I look forward to Randy's take on this in his next freeminds journal.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

In this case it was good ol' Charlie Russell who used a form of numerology (later confirmed by pyramidiology) to determine when the guest was going to come. He sent the invitations, set the places, lit the candles ... and for some strange reason the guest never arrived. Then Charlie died, Joe Rutherford stood there waiting by the door and he died, Nathan Knorr took over looking through the peephole and he died, then Fred and Milt took a turn and they died, and gradually the room starts filling with cobwebs and the other guests are just starting to get restless. They're just waiting for maybe a phonecall from this guest. And now, yeah, they're still sitting there, but a few are thinking about looking at where Charlie got his information.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Also typical is the blame it on the 'we expected'.

like, why the hell do they think we expected it quite some time ago?

oh, they know the real answer... just to crafty to admit it. They sure got one hell of a spin doctor in the writing department thats for sure!

maybe if they shut down the GB will go into politics? perfect match i say...

oz

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Its been 2000 years!!!

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I think OTWO had a great example in explaining this poopoo platter of a story from the GB.
    If given a chance, it would be good to ask a GB member, using that illustration, how long they would be willing to wait for a dinner guest.

I imagine.........utter silence. But hey, they are spirit-directed, ....right?

CoC

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

To illustrate , imagine you are expecting guests. Anticipation of their visit may lead to a flurry of activity as you attend to necessary household chores related to their stay. However, then you receive word that your visitors are delayed. Will you abandon the preparations ?

No. I’ll eat the food and tell them to go to KFC instead.

This happened to us. We waited for our guests. They didn’t arrive but then we all died at Armageddon. (It happened when we least expected it! I think it was in 1975 from memory)

More propaganda from the pyramid big business anti-Christ cult posing as religion to obtain cash and/or power over those who ‘deceive themselves with false reasoning’ the WTBTS is the ‘trooOOOOoooOOOoth’!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit