3/15 WT " Do Not Deceive Yourself "- WT's Excuses for No Armageddon

by flipper 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

The bottom line is always the same:

"Stop thinking for yourself and do MORE for the organization."

• sir82
    sir82

To illustrate , imagine you are expecting guests. Anticipation of their visit may lead to a flurry of activity as you attend to necessary household chores

related to their stay. However, then you receive word that your visitors are delayed. Will you abandon the preparations ?

Um, if the guests were 130 #$%@!! years late (and counting!) then YES, I would "abandon the preparations"!

Even the finest grass-fed filet tends to lose its appeal after 130 years of sitting on a plate.

Idiots.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

This reminds me of the time I had invited a couple to dinner. After I had prepared dinner they called and cancelled. There was no emergency. They just decided to accept another invitation. I never invited them again. Am I still waiting for them to come? Heck no!

this couple did it to our wedding, they were on vacation and called us the same morning!

we sent invitations 5 months ahead, they accepted it, and you go on vacation? witnesses

same here, never talked to them again

• Gerard
  • life is to short
    life is to short

Thank thank you flipper for posting this. When I heard it I was so mad but could not find the words to write with my strong anger.

Thank you for posting a great thread.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

I have to add the friends being late for dinner thing was beyond crazy. If you go to a huge amount of work to make dinner and your friends show up 132 years late something is very wrong. Or even as in the case of 1975 now 36 years latter you need new friends.

LITS

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yup. It seems like it's the 'friends' who are telling YOU when YOU should invite them.

A bit like how the JW GB tell God what he has to do and when. He was obviously not listening when they told him to bring the big 'A' in 1975!

Chances are he aint listening now (if he exists that is.....even I'm not sure anymore...)

• cult classic
    cult classic

Talk about deception.

My mother was talking to a retired elder who went off on a tangent about the end. He said that the witnesses shouldn't be so concerned about when the end would come. The end is not urgent for us. It's urgent for Jesus and Jehovah. They are the ones who are anxious to put an end to this system of things. So the friends are just going to have to be prepared to live out their days in this system faithfully and await a resurrection if necessary.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

The clock is ticking for this cult.... I wonder how they will change their prophetic interpretation after the New World Order plot is publicly exposed (as if it hasn't been already, except for mainstream boob-tube) and all of a sudden there's no more "Satanic Conspiracy against Jehovah and His Heavenly Kingdom"? Do you think they might start to understand the parable of Ninevah, in that "God's" pronouncements of destruction can be overturned by human response? I doubt it. Maybe then they will instruct the R&F that it's another Satanic hoax and they need to board the next comet that passes through.

• Gerard
    Gerard

This is not the first time they shed the outer skin and change their tune. Turncoat is the WTBTS' only way for long-term survival.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit