3/15 WT " Do Not Deceive Yourself "- WT's Excuses for No Armageddon

by flipper 82 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Wait a second...

'However, then you receive word that your visitors are delayed.'

Uhhh, doesn't the Bible say something about God's day not being late? Isn't that what being delayed would be? Did they just accuse God of being late?

• Mary
    Mary

Ya, but Mr. Freeze, they can always fall back on this one:

(Habakkuk 2:3) "...Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."

It's an oxymoron actually. If you take the scripture above and apply it to waiting for a train, it would hardly make any sense if you were told at the train station that the train will be delayed, but at the same time, it won't be late.

Me thinks the boys in the Writing Department have been smoking crack. again.

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

@ MrFreeze, did you mean Matt 24:48-51

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

king james version cos i cant be bothered to click on more than one link.

• villabolo
    villabolo

"Ya, but Mr. Freeze, they can always fall back on this one:"

"...Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."-Habakkuk 2:3 New World Translation

Or simply put, delay is the same as late. So, if it delaysit islate.

By the way Mary, don't give them any ideas.

Villabolo

• potleg
    potleg

I always picture the situation this way…

You’re on the street corner, it’s very late, dark, damp and cold, bone chilling. You’re waiting for the “Last Bus”.

You were told it would be here any minute but it’s been so very, very long, and there’s still not a bus in sight.

Sure from time to time between the scuds of rain and the lazy bitter wind that can’t be bothered to go around you but instead goes straight through you, you see headlights off in the distance and you think…maybe…this time…but no.

Disappointed again.

You now face a choice. Do you keep waiting and hoping, or do you set off walking? Do you trust the words of others, or do you say enough is enough and set off walking for home and the warm fire that’s waiting for you?

Fear tells you that if you start walking the bus will come and you’ll not get on board. You’ll lose. After all you’ve waited all this time and you’ve put up with such rotten conditions…

What to do.....?

My JW family are still waiting for the last bus to a better life.

I decided to set out walking, making my own way, ignoring the empty WT promises.

I have a better life.

They wait.

They now are coming to the realization that the life they hoped for will only come after they are dead. Now they pin their hopes on the resurrection.

Sad, very sad.

Kinda like telling someone on that cold, dark, dank street corner to go to sleep, with the promise that when the bus finally shows up they’ll be roused from their slumber.

As I said, I walked. I’m glad I did. No regrets. I’ll never look back.

To all you JWs…It’s been over 100 years now. 100 years and still NOTHING.

I know you’re going to say it means we’re just that much closer, heck, I said the same thing once upon a time…

But really it means the WT IS WRONG. THEY DON’T DESERVE YOUR TRUST.

THINK FOR YOURSELF.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@TheJigsUp

Thank you! I read that they are planning 2 major projects:

Expansion of facilities and rennovations of older buildings at Wallkill over a 4 year period

Very large expansion of the wec in Patterson.

Both are subject to various permits and red tape of course.

• kimbo
    kimbo

watchtower says jehovah is delayed for dinner..

bible says ,if those days had not been cut short

[Jehovah will be early for dinner]

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I have no problem with it being delayed because I never did believe it was going to happen anyway...

Something religion made up to keep it's members in line.

Snoozy..

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. Been busy the last couple days answering the DFing thread. I'll answer pg.1 responses first, then proceed from there. Thanks for your replies!

SNOOZY- I have the same mental image that YOU do ! LOL ! It's incredible isn't it ? I can just see these old ( not SO old anymore ) GB men sitting around the conference table saying how will we handle this 1914 blunder ? I'm sure they are sweating bullets !

OTWO- Very true. Most logical people would stop serving a meal if it was sitting there getting stale for years and years. Would stop preparations. But WT society uses such corny illustrations all the time.

SCARY 21- Good points you make. We DID grow older in this system of things. I'm sure you made that sister think twice when you asked her if she would still pioneer 200 years from now. The reason she answered in the affirmative is because she's scared.

MRFREEZE- Very good point you make. WT society has been promising Armageddon for over 100 years now. And yes, definitely- if I had a guest 5 minutes away from my house call up and say " we'll be there in 5 minutes " and yet NEVER showed up- I'd say they were the most dishonest people and biggest bull$hitters on the planet !

PALADIN- You've been waiting since July 1968 for Armageddon ? Some people have been waiting since the 1920's even ! My parents have been waiting since 1951. Very sad.

CAMEO-D- It's amazing isn't it ? To calm the rank & file JW members down over their " overlapping generation " theory - they keep telling them it's delayed . Not only cancelled in my opinion - it was ALWAYS an illusion, an unreality of an expected fictitious Armageddon used to control JW's through fear tactics. Just my take.

SCULLY- Your example of the family who didn't have the common decency to call your family to say they weren't coming to your house is a perfect example of how rude and boorish the WT society has been to it's many JW members through the years. Promising people that they will NEVER die - when in actuality they WILL die - is a cruel and twisted way to make friends OR converts. Yet THAT is what the WT society does- and CONTINUES to do until present. It's criminal.

JEFF T- It's ludicrous isn't it that the WT society continues to blame it's own members for Armageddon not coming for 130 years ? The WT society has ALWAYS been an expert at NOT ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY for anything they say, do, or print. It's always people's alleged misinterpretations of what they print that's at fault. Ridiculous.

BOYZONE- Exactly. WT society DOES have a tiger by the tail. And their only solution is using MORE control over members ! Hopefully a good number of current JW's will get tired of that scene happening.

MRMONROE- Good point. A few aRE looking at where Charles Russell got his information in the first place. His takes were nothing more than an offshoot of the adventist church with that Miller character who thought the end was coming in 1848. Miller's dead as well. So is charlie. And Fred Franz and Jaracz, ALL of em. And the GB 2.0 will die in time like the REST of the scammers who are hell bent on duping 7 million Jehovah's Witnesses to their demise and eventual deaths- with no paradise at all. I just hope more wake up.

AUSSIE OZ- I think the GB members WOULD be good politicians- because they lie through their teeth and get away with it. The really are spin doctors in the writing department for sure.

PYRAMID SCHEME- 2000 years is a long time ! And it will go another 2000 years before any Armageddon comes. Actually it will NEVER come. But that's a whole different discussion.

CRISIS of CONSCIENCE- I doubt the GB or leaders of the WT society would be willing to wait forever for Armageddon. Although crazier things have happened. They are just insane enough where they might wait that long.

PUNK OF NICE- Very true what you say. I think it's time we closed the door on the WT society's promise of coming to dinner. It ain't gonna happen. If JW's depended on the WT society's fulfillment of promises to eat and survive each day- the 7 million JW's would have died years ago. You hit the nail on the head. Bottom line is the WT society is USING Jehovah's Witnesses to further their own organizations pocketbooks and bank accounts. And most JW's are oblivious to this. WT society HAS to keep delaying Armageddon- because it's fattening their bank accounts for it to NEVER happen

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

villabolo - "Maybe the Bitchtower cacaheads will take comfort knowing that they haven't been alone all this time."

Or that they hold the undisupted all-time record for number of failed date-sets.

Seriously, though, the fact that the WTS can't date-set anymore is an increasingly bigger problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit