3/15 WT " Do Not Deceive Yourself "- WT's Excuses for No Armageddon

by flipper 82 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO - they just can't accept blame for anything , it's always the R&F when they finally wise up and realize they've been lied to . How long was that prediction written inside the WT about the generation of 1914 not passing away ? I mean jeez , who's deceiving who here? Isn't that up there with the serpent telling eve she would certainly not die for eating from the tree of knowledge? The man behind the curtain has been exposed once again .....

• JRK
    JRK

A truer example of "groupthink" cannot be found. This makes sense only to the Writing Department, and completely brainwashed Dubs. Anyone else in the JW world can see this is a dodge. They f**ked up yet again, and it is your fault for believing what they speculated.

Too bad this sh*t isn't in the "public" Watchtower. Run Forrest, RUN!

JK

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Being able to say crap like this specifically to the already-indoctrinated is one of the main reasons they split up the Watchtower into the separate PR and Kool-Aid editions.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Mad Sweeny- that's an interesting comment. I thought it was just to save money by printing less of the study edition. ( It seems they print around 28 million of the public one and 14 million of the study one each month.)

Mr. Flipper- yes, they keep using fear and guilt to control the witnesses. It once worked on us...hopefully many other witnesses will see it as it really is.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Well, if the alleged " faithful & discreet slave " claims to be such- they certainly ARE " beating their fellow slaves " with cult mind control tactics robbing JW's of the use of their minds by programming them like robots. Leaders of the WT society should get 50 lashes with a wet noodle by Jesus just for THAT ! ..."

Naaah...

I see them getting a lashing from Davy Jones' bosun...

The guy who prides himself on cleaving flesh from bone...

Davey Jones

• flipper
    flipper

HEATHEN- Very true. WT society NEVER accepts resonsibility for ANY of the switching around of beliefs they have put forth. I mean, exactly, it's been 132 years since 1879 when they first brought OUT the 1914 date. I mean, most people who were banking on that prediction are dead and in hell now ! How strange can this cult get ?

JRK- Exactly. The groupthink pressure inside the JW cult is INCREDIBLY severe. And like ALL mind control cults the WT society blames the rank and file Witnesses for believing what the WT society speculated. Talk about passive aggressive ! Weirdos.

MAD SWEENEY- Good point. In Steve Hassan's books on cult mind control he mentions that when cults get desperate to control members they start printing separate information designed to be more hardline for members and the give out soft pedaling information to potential converts in the door to door ministry. JW's do the same thing so people outside JW ville won't hear the hard hitting information given to members.

FACTFINDER- Very true. Fear and guilt are the two legs all mind control cults walk on. Including Jehovah's Witnesses. I hope more escape from the cult also. We can only hope.

ZIDDINA- I love the Pirates of Caribbean movies ! I wish Davey Jones would go whip those younger up and coming hardhead 2.0 GB members who think their poopie don't stink. They need a date with destiny. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

WT society is using excuses to say why the alleged " Armageddon " hasn't come ! Feel free to chime in

• Terry
    Terry

Armageddon is that horizon line you can see but never reach as you walk in any direction. You are moving forward and can see quite clearly

the line_______________________________up ahead. How can you not reach it eventually, you may ask yourself.

One day, a kind and informative soul informs you of your error:

The LIMIT OF YOUR ABILITY TO SEE AHEAD because of the curvature of the Earth is not a particular location!

You are stunned.

"You mean I can see something and move toward it and never arrive? How is that possible?"

This is Armageddon. It is always OUT THERE approaching ever approaching and never an actual event to "arrive."

It is misconstrual of partial understanding.

THEOLOGICAL MIRAGE: ARMAGEDDON.

• flipper
    flipper

TERRY- Exactly , Armageddon IS a mirage. It is always kept in front of rank & file JW's like a carrot in front of a rabbit to always grasp- but NEVER attain. It's a cruel and twisted misuse of power and control used by the WT society to keep JW's controlled and donating money to THEIR cause

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

It is obvious that the "overlapping generations" that was introduced last year was a knee jerk reaction because the generation that will live to see the WT's prophesy is quickly dying off. It is evident that this most recent new-light has backfired on them. I have spoken to many people from the congregation on this subject and the overwhelming feeling is that this system is going to go on for some time. One couple expressed to me that "they have come to terms that they will probably grow old in this system of things". Due to the WT's own doing-people have definitely lost their sense of urgency. Don't be surprised to see articles like this surfacing more often that they used to-that is until they come up with the seventh explanation of the Generations!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit