How do you view the people you left behind?

by sabastious 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gregor, they amount to Dr. Smith when he would pull Will Robinson or Penny (Lost in Space 60's TV show) in front of himself to fend off a lazar ray gun aimed squarely at him. Or the sleazy fiance in the movie Titanic who would do anything to take the place of a woman or child on one of the few life boats. Each one of them would throw you or me under a bus before he or she would risk their own everlasting skin. JW's who don't feel comfortable doing that will end up here eventually, even if it's just to read.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Doctor Smith: perfect example of the typical witness when confronted by someone who says they have the teensiest doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjH8pA46tLk

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

How do you view those you left behind.

We come into this world alone, we go out alone.

You have to step over the bodies in life and keep on trucking.

I've been out since 83. Those that I left behind that are still in, are in because the overall package is working for them.

I have never been one to keep it simple and my witness friends have been able to keep it simple.

They dont question or think much.

They are good hard workers.

I really dont know how good they are. But I think they work hard, or at least somewhat consistently.

Half of those I left behind are out now. I guess they saw the light.

Some of them didn't see the light they got kicked out.

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'm with you on this one nugget and sleepingbeauty. I feel sorry for many of them and would welcome them normally if they gave me the chance. But there are 2 or 3 that I refuse to serve. I work in the coffee shop in Marks and Spencers which is a regular meeting spot for after-field service coffee by the sisters. When certain ones are ordering, I walk out and refuse to have anything to do with them.

• wobble
    wobble

I never wore, or owned a suit for many many years, I used to give Public talks in jacket and trusers (sometimes wore a shirt too !)

I never, never wore a suit in F.S , almost casual wear, I got a lot more doors opened to me that way.

As to the people I have left behind , trapped in a cult, I feel regret that I won't share their company again, many of them I grew up with , we partied together, got drunk together, holidayed together. I watched their children grow up alongside mine. We built a Kingdom Hall together in the days before there were "Quick Build" teams, there was a family atmos. about my old Congo.

I view them as absent friends, I hope some day some of them will join me in the real world, till then they will continue to be absent friends, I shall make a toast to "Absent Friends" as I raise a glass at dinner this evening !

• designs
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's weird but I've been out about 6 months after being raised in the anti-Christ cult.....and...........I have no REAL feelings about any of them because I know they are not genuine friends.

I say this because if I were DF or DA they'd drop me like a stone. Conditional love is all the mind control allows them.

When I see some of them they seem a little embarrased to meet me. Probably because I'm Satan's disciple now...or so they figure.

I'm like the Sex Pistols: 'No feeeeeeeeeeeeelings....'

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

I found the JW's I grew up with more hypocritical and deceptive than 'worldy" people. They were all liars and closet drinkers, drug users and partiers. The difference is that as JW they felt the need to hide their true selves. As a non JW - you can be your true self, therefore it is easier to cut through the BS people and find out who is really genuine.

I was told by an elder that even thought JW's have these problems, they are still better than wordly people cause they loved Jehovah.

Hypocrisy at its best.

So when I see JW's or think of the ones that I knew, I remember how trapped and conflicted they feel.My parents are still in and I see the faux smiles and the tightness in their grins when they say " they are the happiest people on earth".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Leather jacket will be a future JWNer. Outfit displays the early beginnings of thoughtcrime.
    BTS

Nah, the leather jacket guy is from the documentary, KNOCKING. He plays guitar and suffered because of a bloodless surgery need.
    He'll probably stay in.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Damn Dr smith still got it!

Thx for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit