How do you view the people you left behind?

by sabastious 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I had a lot of anger towards them for a good amount of time. But now, I like to think about the good times we had. I like to think about their attributes I admired. Of course sometimes those kind of thoughts bring in a rush of sadness. I sometimes get the realization that they will likely be gone for the rest of my life. I'm 26. I got a lot of time to not be with them.

I feel like they are dead, I feel like I should have some sort of physical memorial for them, isn't that sad?

-Sab

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Aye. Conflicted feelings, I have.

BTS

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Some I really pity and others I absolutely despise. One sister has ignored me for sooo many months that when she said hello yesterday I was in total shock. Im guessing she is just warming up for her up and coming inquision! She wasnt able to do that yesterday purely because I was chatting to a school mother... I'm ready for the nosey cow !

• whathappened
    whathappened

They are just like I was, before I new the real "truth." I feel sorry for some of them. I wish I could help them get out before they waste any more time and energy serving an organization while believing they are serving God. The are deceived. Remember how Jesus felt sorry for the crowd because they were like sheep without a shepard? He was angry at the scribes and pharasies, not the people. That is the way I feel. There are some dear, sweet, sincere people in the congregation, but they belived God will destroy them if they leave and never return to the Kingdom Hall. False hope of salvation keeps them in. So sad, such a sad situation.

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

Some I really pity and others I absolutely despise. One sister has ignored me for sooo many months that when she said hello yesterday I was in total shock. Im guessing she is just warming up for her up and coming inquision! She wasnt able to do that yesterday purely because I was chatting to a school mother... I'm ready for the nosey cow !

• nugget
    nugget

I have mixed feelings. Some I think deserve the organisation and the treadmill. They helped to create their hell on earth and it is indeed fitting that they are forced to live in it. Others are good people who sincerely believe what I once believed. They are lovely people I would welcome them into my home tomorrow if they came to call and I pity them. They are trapped in a lie and I hope they wake up but I appreciate they have to be ready it takes a lot to say I was wrong and I made a mistake.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The way I personally feel about them is they are hypocritically disingenuous people,

with heads full of ignorance and fear all strung together into a profusion of arrogance about themselves.

Their characters are pretentiously plastic most of the time, full of judgmental self righteousness.

Perhaps with certain respects I feel bit sorry for them, that no one showed them the real truth about the WTS.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

How do you view the people you left behind?

I feel very sorry for them. I was once just like them. I miss many of them.

They're slaving away for a publishing corporation, setting aside their hopes and dreams in pursuit of a fantasy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I view them like cigarette smokers. They should know better, but they don't. I used to smoke cigarettes, but I learned better. It took me awhile because of the addictiveness and the need for something in my stressful life. It might take some JW's longer to "kick the habit" just like cigarette smokers.

The thing is, I don't hate any cigarette smokers because of their nasty habit. There may be some jerks who smoke, just as there may be some jerk JW's. Try to forgive the cigarette smoker for his ignorance or for leaning on his weakness and you may be able to do the same for JW's. The ones you have a problem with, if it really is "them" more than their "JW-ness" then have nothing to do with them. If it is their JW-ness, well- you don't let smokers blow smoke in your face. You keep a healthy distance when they are smoking and you interact with them as long as they take the cigarette outside.

But on a personal note, I really hate losing my best friend over the JW issues. He couldn't keep his "habit" outside of our friendship. I still love him (of course in a heterosexual non-physical way LOL) but he thought it was silly of me to avoid his "smoke" and decided that I might be the one putting off a dangerous air to him.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Other than family, I don't think of them anymore. They made their choice, I made mine. Perhaps they'll join us in the real world someday but I'm not so optimistic and can't change them. I've made many friends since leaving. People come and go in this life, some you choose to hold onto, some not so much. C'est la vie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit