How do you view the people you left behind?

by sabastious 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I think I still have a trenchcoat hanging in my closet. Probably full of moth holes by now.

W

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

FF I still have my old briefcase packed with whatever I had in it for my last meeting.

I may do a pictoral thread, like geraldo opening capone's vault, to see whats in it.

• Ding
    Ding

My heart goes out to those kids.

What choice do they have?

What childhood do they have?

• dogon
    dogon

I don't think of them much and don't think much of them. I was smart enough and so are many here to figure out that it is bull shit on a grand scale. As I told my old partner in Michigan who dumped his brother because he did not get reinstated after the"new arrangement" in the late 70s. He said it was his brother who left the religion. I said yes but its you who left your brother. If these idiots will piss on their own blood what chance do I have? None thats how much. To break free you have to work it out in your own mind that its bull shit and understand why. Then move on and move away if you like me lived in a small town where people treated you like a pedophile for not going to meetings. I moved and don't think about them much anymore. I have become so secure in my understanding of the cult that I could no more go back to meetings then to join the NAMBLA group. They equally make me sick to the point of vomiting. I no longer believe that some invisible sky god listens to what I am thinking judging me and answering my prayers and needs. I don't believe in a bible [book put together by the council of Nicea under Constantine the great in A.D. 325] as some inerrant word of god. A book that is at best bad literature and at worst a guide on how treat others with contempt and very poorly. Its bull shit from the first page of Gen. to the last page of Rev. Fuck how anyone could read this clap trap and think for a second that its the word of a supreme invisible sky god.

That a talking snake that was really an angle gone bad talked a woman made of a rib from a man made of mud into eating a piece of fruit from a tree that dispensed knowledge of good and evil. When the tree right next to it was the tree of everlasting life. If the snake [really and angle gone wild] was so smart why not have her eat from the tree of life first and then eat from the tree of good and bad and put god in a real dilemma, He would have to break one of his promises to fulfill the other. Its a sheep herders attempt to try to understand the world around them.

Thor beating the anvil is what thunder really is has more appeal than this crap story. And the Greeks have them all beat with Medusa and krakins.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I hear ya, man. Same thing. Have lost all my childhood friends, almost all my relatives, and more than half my immediate family. Luckily, some siblings also have seen the light and we are close.

Sad thing is my parents are getting on...and I know the next I "hear" from them will be that one has passed on. If nothing changes...next "reunion" will be over a funeral.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I really only miss my family, I view them as living far away. The distance prevents us from communicating but I know they are well and still care. Its really not that far from the truth.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I feel sorry for them. Miss some of them but I would never go back for any of them. I just hope they wake up, as I did.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love them, but they seem like aliens from another world. very bizarre people.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Some good friends, a ready made social structure. When I left I watched them morph into body snatcher clones, slavish drones who could turn off close friendships of many years. Bowing to fear and intimidation is not pretty. They are never the same people once they have shunned an old friend on orders from the master. You sell your love and knowledge of good people because they act on the same doubts you have suppressed,

• JeffT
    JeffT

Mostly sadness. In our original congregation (Pullman, WA 70's and early 80's) we had a lot of good friends. They were nice people laboring under the delusion that they were serving God. I wonder what those people are thinking at night these days. 35 years post 1975 and no new system yet.

A while back I mentioned one brother that neither of us liked. My wife said (mind you she almost never talks like this) "His problem was not that he was a Jehovah's Witness. His problem was that he's an a$$hole."

He's the only one I can say I don't feel sorry for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit