How do you view the people you left behind?

by sabastious 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I was just talking to Ding about this today. And I feel, as he does. When I go to the hall or drive by a kingdom hall, or see people out in service, I have an overwhelming amount of sadness. There are a lot of really good people in this organization. And it is so sad that they are trapped in that cage.

I am not angry, because I have not been burned by the organization. But I could understand why people would be angry. But Ding used such a good illustration today. He was talking about a friend that he has that is totally blind. This guy can look directly into the sun with his eyes open and still not see a thing. He can feel the warmth, but he is blind to the real light.

Isn't that how Jehovah's Witnesses are? They have the light of God's Word, but they are blind. They can't see that they belong to an organization that is a complete fraud. When Jesus looked at the crowds of people following him that did not know him, he had pity for them. The word used for pity in greek is quite different from the meaning of the word pity that we use today. Jesus did not only feel sorry for them. He had intense love for them. He saw that they were in a horrible situation. They were being thrown around by the Pharisees and mistreated. JWs today are the same. They are being abused and mistreated by the Watchtower.

So instead of hating them and viewing them as narsisitic, self righteous know-it-alls, we should have pity on them and desire to bring them to the true light.

John 8:12 - "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's been nearly 8 years since I've been to a meeting. My memory of the people is blurred. I probably wouldn't recognize most of them if I passed them on the street. No loss. We weren't ever friends anyway.

W

• undercover
    undercover

Truth be told, I don't really miss that many of them. There's the odd few that I was pretty close to and feel pity for since they allow their dedication to a man-made publishing company come between them and friendship...

But for me most JWs were like co-workers.

Here at work I'm on friendly terms with most co-workers and actually associate with some outside of the office but if I left this job tomorrow there would be only one or two that I would bother keeping up with in a social setting. And that's what most JW relationships really are... co-worker relationships. Take away the common goal of distributing literature and showing up to all the sales meetings together and I had nothing really in common with most of those people. I never fit in even when I was in. And now that I'm out, I prefer it that way.

I view them like co-workers I used to know but I've moved on to a better job.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I probably wouldn't recognize most of them if I passed them on the street.

Sometimes, it's pretty easy to "recognize" them.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I have always thought I would be able to pick out a Witness on the street. I have pretty good chances.

A lot of times the ones I pick out are Mormans or some other evangelizing cult.

-Sab

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Leather jacket will be a future JWNer. Outfit displays the early beginnings of thoughtcrime. BTS

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

LOL Burn...I used to always wear a leather jacket in service. But I never wore it over a suit coat like that dude!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Once you leave the WBT$/JW Cult..

JW`s do not give a Rats Ass about you..

When you were a Jehovah`s Witness.

Every JW you Knew..

Would have BackStabbed you,for Any Violation of Petty WBT$ Rules..

"Welcome to WatchTower World"..

http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/images/back-stabber.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

True, the uniforms are a dead giveaway.

W

• undercover
    undercover
    Leather jacket will be a future JWNer. Outfit displays the early beginnings of thoughtcrime.

Interesting that you say that. When I saw that photo I thought of myself when I was much younger. And much like your 'thoughtcrime' comment, my leather coat was a beginning of sorts for me.

We had been 'counseled' to wear full length overcoats in service. No short jackets allowed. We had to wear our suit/sport jacket and then a 3/4 or full length overcoat. Many of the brothers were wearing trench coats. I decided to do the same but in leather. Black leather...and a black leather fedora hat for rainy days. It was a minor thing but it was my independant spirit speaking out saying that I may have to obey your rules, but I'll obey them in a way that you can't complain about yet leaves me individual freedom and choice.

When I saw that photo I remembered that old black trench coat...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit