List of all JWN Bethelites

by FatFreek 2005 83 Replies latest members private

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

I was at Bethel from May 1962 to April 1964. Interestingly, I was not a believer when I was invited at 18 years of age. I wanted to get away from Mama. But in spite of that, the two years that I was there were two of the best years of my life. I worked in the Kitchen and was responsible for the Veggie Room, reporting to the Fuhrer Jr., Karl Hoppe. Karl was tough, but he was fair and I learned good work ethics from him. I also learned up-close what paranoia was from The Fuhrer, Nathan Knorr.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow! I'm #7 on the list!

And we all know that the number 7 represents heavenly completeness!

And now that the tally is up to 52, I think we can start our own branch!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The list could be quintupled if we add coolaid-man's callers.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

ClubSandwich: Interestingly, I was not a believer when I was invited at 18 years of age. I wanted to get away from Mama.

Not only interesting -- I find it bizarre! Of course, I've never been there, but am astounded that you could get by the front door without certain prerequisites. I'm certainly glad you made it here and, knowing a bit of your history, I'm looking forward to several of your tales along the way. Welcome.

Len

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

Oh man, Billy...funny stuff.

I was a sunburned worker on the Patterson construction project from the late fall of '92-'95. I thought that the dogged pace we had to work at was an obvious indication that the end was def coming before 2000- that's why all of the rush. Mmmmhmmm. Carpal tunnel anyone?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hello, LittleMac. Welcome to the board -- and membership to our little list.

Yes, Billy, you're still intact at heavenly completeness.

Len

ps: reminder -- here is the LIST so you may bookmark it for future.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

marking...

• cantleave
    cantleave

Fatfreek - great list, your effort in creating it is appreciated.

We are indeed seeing a wonderful increase.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

cantleave: We are indeed seeing a wonderful increase.

In the late 70's when I made my exit, the expression was, "We are indeed seeing a grand increase". Old bLight, of course.

Len

• yesidid
    yesidid
    "We are indeed seeing a grand increase".

Absolutely Len.................so Freddie-esque

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit