List of all JWN Bethelites

by FatFreek 2005 83 Replies latest members private

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

No list of bethelites would be complete without Dick Hertz and Hugh Jardon.

Greetings from Jr. High School!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Nathan,

I have to know their JWN handles to put them there.

The premise of the list follows: "This online document is simply an effort to share public handle identities with others." This way, everyone has an opportunity to make contact with them through the PM system. If that person then chooses to divulge a real identity it will be done privately and at his / her choosing. (There is only one on the list who chose his real name as his handle.)

Cheers, Len.

ps: I chose my handle, not for anonymity but for Google searching. Fatfreek is intentionally misspelled to be a more unique target.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Len, I was trying to make a JOKE!

When you were in Junior High School, didn't you ever use those names to elicit a snicker from your friends?

Nothing is funnier than that!

• Room 215
    Room 215

ClubSandwich, if I understand it correctly, you're not the first non-believer to enter Bethel, not even the first one to work in the kitchen. When I was there, I was told that Karl Hoppe entered Bethel by invitation of Rutherford, who met Hoppe on an ocean liner where he worked as a cook.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

NN: When you were in Junior High School, didn't you ever use those names to elicit a snicker from your friends?

Nope! That's how naive I was. And I've watched enough Simpsons where Moe receives those phone calls from Bart, "Is Mike Hunt here?"

Can you see the egg all over my face? Sorry about that, Nathan.

Len

• ClubSandwich
    ClubSandwich

I've never heard that story about Karl Hoppe, but it rings true. While Karl was aloof, when he did talk it was never about JW silliness. That's why when he dressed up to sit at one of the two tables for the morning Yearbook experience and delivered his obligatory verbal penance, it seemed like "show time." He also did not live at Bethel when I was working for him. He commuted from his home in the Bronx.

And Len, why does it seem odd that unbelievers would come to Bethel? Many of my friends signed up because they thought the experience would allow them to see the light. And of course, the light at Bethel intensified the humaness of the experience. I was also a closet reader and well aware of what Biible scholars had been saying about the Bible for over two hundred years. And if you're trapped in the JW take on the Bible, you're in a maze that's very difficult to find your way out.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi ClubSandwich,

As I ponder that, your explanation rings very true. I had aspirations, as many youth did during my time, to go to Bethel in 1957 and 1958 . I can now think back at that recurring fantasy, thinking "the experience would allow [me] to see the light". Bethelites, when they delivered talks at assemblies -- they, in their pristine suits, all shaven and shorn, looked so insulated from, and above the doubts we commoners all had but kept on the back burner. I concede that I also wished for that insulated, bulletproof feeling.

Len

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The_Present_Truth just made our list which is now up to 54. I was able to harvest him (or her) from a recent Living The Dream post.

Len

ps: reminder -- here is the LIST so you may bookmark it for future.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i was there all 1985... almost 11 months.... heres the catch i got baptized july 15 85.. yeap i was thrre 7 months wo baptism, talk bout nepotism then i worked there till 94. on n off i lived 2 blocjs from the branch n mexico... freaky..

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Seven months of your service was without having been baptized!!!! What a bizarre story, CB.

This 1953 Watchtower excludes any who haven't been dunked.

*** w53 10/1 p. 588 New World Society Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***... and there was a special meeting for those interested in serving at the Brooklyn Bethel. The latter learned that requirements for Bethel service include, first of all, full dedication to Jehovah God; other requirements being that the applicant have good health, ...

I read the Bethel Application form, 4 pages, thanks to Marvin Shilmer's site. "Date of baptism" is on the 2nd line alongside date of birth.

I could be mistaken but I've never known them to state their requirements any differently. Thanks for sharing that.

You are now number 15 of 55 on our growing list.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit