List of all JWN Bethelites

by FatFreek 2005 83 Replies latest members private

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

"How about those of us that worked at Patterson every May (for year after year)?"

You don't count in the slightest...sorry. Now get back out in service. BTW you only need to get 30 hours to pioneer in April so fill out the slip good-for-nothing slave!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

You don't count in the slightest...sorry

LOL

That is exactly how I felt every May doing all that grunt labor

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Intel becomes number 70 on our list.

His experience on separate thread is quite interesting. His DA letter announcement was yesterday.

Len

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Len, fabulous list!

Actually I tried to find it a few days ago to bump it up.

Your'e up to 70 now, ...wow!

You have no doubt read RayPublishers thread for listing CO's, elder's and servants. That list is to 57 or so.

Looks like you have some he doesn't have and visa versa. Maybe you guys could join forces!

Whatever happens, it is terrific to have these men on jwn.

Thanks for doing this Len.

clarity

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Clarity -- and thanks. Yes, it would be good to have that list as well but it takes a bit of effort and persistence.

Our 70-and-counting list is here.

Len

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I spent a year in the Bindery, sat at the Governing Body Table, met Bro. Knorr shortly before he died. George Gangas (total maniac) took me via subway to my first meeting in NY which was a circuit assembly. He was a crazy little man...ran everywhere as if he was late for a very important appointment and acted as if his every utterance and very presence was of utmost importance to the world. I kept thinking "What's wrong with this guy? He was very tiny and seemed to enjoy his reputation as a "Dynamo" The train stopped and he dashed across the platform and because he was so little I couldn't see him in the crowd. He boarded another train before I could see where he went, leaving me to find my way through the city on my own. I wound up getting off at the wrong stop and had to walk for hours, in my meeting clothes and bookbag, through various rough ethnic neighborhoods. I walked very purposfully, no one bothered me, they just look dumbfounded and stepped aside as I walked down the streets looking for a subway station. He never even checked later to see what happened to me.

Even though I had all my money stolen out of my room and met some real odd balls, as one does when looking back through the years, I still think of my Bethel experience as a good one, mostly because of the other guys my age I befriended and just being18 and in New York. I knew then that all wasn't as it should be with this religion but hung in there anyway hoping I'd get it one day. Years later when I went back, it kind of gave me the creeps just being there again.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi exwhyzee and welcome to the club where you are number 71.

Your experiences are precious, reminders of the cult where we became entrapped.

Gangas was one of the 16 on the cover of that 1984 Watchtower. The implication by Watchtower was that these older folks would probably still be alive before the end.

Len

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Another former Bethelite here.  I'm still an Undercover Apostate, so forgive my not sharing details of where & when.

This I WILL share: Bethel, It is where I learned to drink!  

• cappytan
    cappytan

I'm a former one as well. Patterson, early 2000's.

This I WILL share: Bethel, It is where I learned to drink!  
    @wifibandit: Me too! Especially right before Gilead Grad Roast Beef Lunch.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Yep!  "More Horse-radissssh please"  requested a prominent, buzzed and slurring Table Head. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit